close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Glock, G19?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Raxl, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Raxl

Raxl

I'm Looking at my 1st Glock, and thinking G19. Got a sweet price from a local FFL on a new G19, and I should have it in about 2 weeks. I currently have a Ruger SBH and a GP100 and sold a Taurus PT92 (too big for ccw) but enjoyed shooting the niner and still have about 1000 rounds left for it. So glad to see so many fans of the 19 and hope I'm making a good choice for my first Glock! Any advice to a SOON to be new Glock owner? What about mag extensions (+1 or +2 or G17 w/adaptor?). Thanks for all your help and BTW this is my first post, even though I have been reading for a while. GREAT FORUM!!!

2. amprecon

amprecon

Let me say that I've had many auto's and always over-looked the G19. But as my respect gained for the 9mm cartridge I realized the G19 and feel that it is the ultimate compact 9mm pistol. It is small enough to CCW yet large enough to shoot comfortably. It is a very accurate pistol and with 15 rounds at hand I find it hard to beat by any manufacturer. I owned a G17 which I could not shoot at all, I even sent it back to Glock to check it out and they found no problems with it, yet I still could not be accurate with it. As a matter of fact I bought two G19's at the same time. I have one I carry with me and the other stays home with the family which find it easy to operate and shoot. Others have their favorites and shoot them better than Glocks, but I just shoot Glocks better than other makes. Mine is factory aside from the 3.5lb disconnector which I had installed on all my Glocks. It does make a difference. My other Glock is a G21 which is just a dang awesome handgun as well, which I shoot better than the G19's. These are the only handguns I have and don't feel a need for anything else.

3. SirDaniel

SirDaniel

raxl,

You have made an excellent choice. The G19 is perhaps the "best" all around GLOCK pistol. The G19 does so many things well. It approaches the performance of the full sized G17 but carries about as well at the G26. With proper loadings the 9mm serves well as a personal defense round while providing inexpensive practice opportunities.

My advice about considering magazine extensions, custom internal parts, add-ons, doo-dads, bells and whistles, and other stuff for your pistol is....
    shoot it at least 2500 rounds or so, and THEN decide what modifications you might want/need.

The G19 is close to perfect right out of the box. With the possible exception of nights sights (depending on your intended use), it requires nothing.

Cheers,
    dan :)

Oh yeah, welcome to GT!

4. Guy Powell

Guy Powell Guest

I'm a deputy sheriff/K-9 handler in east Texas and the Glock 19 has been my duty pistol since 1994. My department issued me a G22 which I carried for about 2 months. Went back to my personal G19 as I'm not a real fan of the 40cal and the 19 is so much lighter, smaller, and easier on my ageing back.

5. mike23

mike23

IMHO, the model 19 is the perfect first Glock. It's large enough to shoot at the range comfortably and small enough to conceal. Ammo is inexpensive and available everywhere. Recoil is very managable. If in future you get a 23 or 32, you can use the same holster.

6. EAGLESFANPHILA

EAGLESFANPHILA

7. Raxl

Raxl

Finnaly Picked it up last week and took pictures as soon as I got it home! here are a few.

8. Raxl

Raxl

9. hokieglock

hokieglock Proud Infidel

nice case where's the gun?

10. Raxl

Raxl

11. Raxl

Raxl

12. Raxl

Raxl