First Glock. G19 gen5

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by speedmistr, Oct 18, 2020.

1. speedmistr

speedmistr

Haven't fired it yet but feels great in hand. Put an Apex trigger on, stock connector, feels a little better than stock and the safety bar pulls flush nicely. Grip is more natural than my 239 which is a little more narrow and squarish. Love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MAXORD_155

MAXORD_155

Speed, you made a great choice and congratulations. The Apex trigger is an excellent upgrade in my opinion. I recommend looking at Talon grips if you are not satisfied with how the stock grip feels in your hands. Have fun at the range, if you can find some 9mm ammo in these crazy times.

KathySue likes this.

3. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Congrats on a great pistol. Looks like you've got night sights on it as well. Can't quite tell from the photos but it looks like yours doesn't have the half-moon cut out on the grip?

4. speedmistr

speedmistr

Thanks guys. It does have the cut out (I was aware of the controversy around this before purchasing) but I can't feel it with my smallish hands. But I can see how it would be noticeable with larger hands where the pinky falls slightly lower on the grip and would be irritating. It does have the factory Ameriglo Bold sights which I read good things about before purchasing. I looked at several makes and models, new and old, before going with the 19. It just seems to strike a great balance.

L-2 likes this.
  5. G19/48

G19/48 Previously G48 OEM Guy

Congratulations on a fine choice. It is the best Glock. I have been looking for one but have not found it in stock.

Just curious: the newer ones coming out of the factory now have front serration on the slide. Did you have a choice on the slide or was this the older Gen5?

6. halfmoonclip

halfmoonclip

Have a Kimber with the trigger safety, and it fits smoothly into the trigger face.
    How tough would it be for Glock to do that? I end up smoothing the flipper with sandpaper around a pencil.
    Moon

7. procharger1

procharger1

Congrats on a great pistol. I have early gen 5's with the cutout and bought pearce magazine base plates to fill in the cutout. I've been searching for more early gen 5's without the front serrations.

8. speedmistr

speedmistr

It is an earlier example with the beveled frame to match the slide. It would be nice if Glock now offered it with or without front serrations. My preference is without FS just for a cleaner look but having them wouldn't have killed me either. They both are nice IMO. This one just had everything I was looking for at the time. I considered the Pearce floor plates before I bought it but it turned out I can't feel the cutout anyways. It's nice that Pearce makes them though for anyone that needs them.

G48 OEM Guy likes this.
  9. G19/48

G19/48 Previously G48 OEM Guy

A very nice setup. Wish I could get hold of one soon (although I like the FS, which helps me with press check)! Given the firearm and ammo shortage, I may have to keep on looking for it.

Enjoy shooting it and let us know how you like it!

10. bac1023

bac1023

Very cool

Congrats on the G19

11. 0.0-idontrun

0.0-idontrun

Congrats. Now feed it and wear it out!

12. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Congrats, I won one a year ago during a Glock Days prize drawing.
    The cut out doesn't bother me, I have put it in my gun safe with my Grandsons name on it as I carry a Gen 3 G-23 in .40.

13. Small_Axe

Small_Axe

I like that it doesn't have the front slide serrations.

jamppp likes this.
  14. Sig Fever

Sig Fever 98.SiG and Rising!

Great choice and top quality upgrades. I put an Overwatch Precision DAT trigger in my G19.3 and it was a nice improvement for $60.

tacticalgecko likes this.
  15. bigbrother1984

bigbrother1984

Nice to see one without the awful front serrations.

jamppp likes this.
  16. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)

Congratulations on your first Glock. It's one of life's plateaus like your first car, first kiss etc. But be warned...it won't be your last. You know you can't eat just one potato chip, right? ;)

KathySue likes this.
  17. speedmistr

speedmistr

Thanks all. I hope to get to the range soon and post an update.

18. druryj

druryj

I lucked out and found a Gen 5 19 in stock at GT Distributors. It should be in my hands by the end of this week.