GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speed, you made a great choice and congratulations. The Apex trigger is an excellent upgrade in my opinion. I recommend looking at Talon grips if you are not satisfied with how the stock grip feels in your hands. Have fun at the range, if you can find some 9mm ammo in these crazy times.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Congrats on a great pistol. Looks like you've got night sights on it as well. Can't quite tell from the photos but it looks like yours doesn't have the half-moon cut out on the grip?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It does have the cut out (I was aware of the controversy around this before purchasing) but I can't feel it with my smallish hands. But I can see how it would be noticeable with larger hands where the pinky falls slightly lower on the grip and would be irritating. It does have the factory Ameriglo Bold sights which I read good things about before purchasing. I looked at several makes and models, new and old, before going with the 19. It just seems to strike a great balance.

·
Previously G48 OEM Guy
45 Posts
Congratulations on a fine choice. It is the best Glock. I have been looking for one but have not found it in stock.

Just curious: the newer ones coming out of the factory now have front serration on the slide. Did you have a choice on the slide or was this the older Gen5?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Have a Kimber with the trigger safety, and it fits smoothly into the trigger face.
How tough would it be for Glock to do that? I end up smoothing the flipper with sandpaper around a pencil.
Moon

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on a great pistol. I have early gen 5's with the cutout and bought pearce magazine base plates to fill in the cutout. I've been searching for more early gen 5's without the front serrations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on a fine choice. It is the best Glock. I have been looking for one but have not found it in stock.

Just curious: the newer ones coming out of the factory now have front serration on the slide. Did you have a choice on the slide or was this the older Gen5?
It is an earlier example with the beveled frame to match the slide. It would be nice if Glock now offered it with or without front serrations. My preference is without FS just for a cleaner look but having them wouldn't have killed me either. They both are nice IMO. This one just had everything I was looking for at the time. I considered the Pearce floor plates before I bought it but it turned out I can't feel the cutout anyways. It's nice that Pearce makes them though for anyone that needs them.

·
Previously G48 OEM Guy
45 Posts
A very nice setup. Wish I could get hold of one soon (although I like the FS, which helps me with press check)! Given the firearm and ammo shortage, I may have to keep on looking for it.

Enjoy shooting it and let us know how you like it!

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Congrats, I won one a year ago during a Glock Days prize drawing.
The cut out doesn't bother me, I have put it in my gun safe with my Grandsons name on it as I carry a Gen 3 G-23 in .40.

·
98.SiG and Rising!
722 Posts
Great choice and top quality upgrades. I put an Overwatch Precision DAT trigger in my G19.3 and it was a nice improvement for $60.

Reactions: tacticalgecko

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,714 Posts
Congratulations on your first Glock. It's one of life's plateaus like your first car, first kiss etc. But be warned...it won't be your last. You know you can't eat just one potato chip, right? ;)

Reactions: KathySue

·
Registered
621 Posts
I lucked out and found a Gen 5 19 in stock at GT Distributors. It should be in my hands by the end of this week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts