Glock 17 First gen G17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by voraus, Jul 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. voraus

voraus

Hi,

I was in a local shop today and they had just purchased a first gen G17 with 2 factory hi caps. This puppy looks well used but not particularly abused. Are there any things on a gen 1 that could be worn out that can't be refurbished? How about on the magazines? The pistol has night sights. If they are too badly faded are there problems fitting meprolites on a pistol of this age? I'm not very familiar with this gen but I'm not particularly leery of older glocks. I have a 2nd gen 19 now. The shop is asking $349. How's the price? This pistol would be for shooting, not carry, at least until I have some history with it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Jerry

2. A_Swede_17_1911

A_Swede_17_1911

If its in good shape I would jump all over it. I like the 1st gen 17's. Yes the mepro night sights should fit just fine. The mags might be the non drop free type. Its a good deal, and I would buy it.

3. voraus

voraus

Hey thanks for the advice, I think you are absolutely right. I'll hop down there Monday morning and see if I can snatch this guy up. I'm just up the road from you in Salem. I saw this pistol in Portland and I was just tire kicking when I did so I was a little unprepared to pull the trigger. I'll try not to let it get away.

Do you shoot at the Albany club? I took my CHL class there and my son and I are thinking of joining. Thanks again. Jerry.

4. A_Swede_17_1911

A_Swede_17_1911

I used to live in springfield, right now in in north carolina in fayetteville im stationed at ft bragg. I miss home, anyhow hope you get the gun its a good deal. Oh the Philomath gun shop in Philomath usally has great deals on new guns, my dad has bought a couple through him at great prices, I belive he only charges $20 over his cost plus the 10 bucks for the NICS check.