Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Brew Crew
28,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time in my life I saw gas under a dollar. That said I did have some fuel points built up at Dillion’s. Around here gas has slowly started to go back up since the Kung Flu tanked the prices. Cheapest I saw it the last couple weeks was 1.36$. In retrospect looking at my old high school yearbooks a while back. There was a picture of the gas station up the street back in 04 and gas prices were about 1.60$ then lol.

73BC71D2-4097-4460-BE6A-C69198AA00D7.jpeg

·
Mr. Awesome
11,253 Posts
Growing up , in the ‘90’s, gas bounced from $0.90 to $1.09, most of the time. I remember passing on getting fuel, until it went back under a dollar a gallon. The lowest I ever saw was as a little kid. It was $0.63 per gallon for regular unleaded. I forget where it was. It was while we were on vacation.

·
Brew Crew
28,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Growing up , in the ‘90’s, gas bounced from $0.90 to $1.09, most of the time. I remember passing on getting fuel, until it went back under a dollar a gallon. The lowest I ever saw was as a little kid. It was $0.63 per gallon for regular unleaded. I forget where it was. It was while we were on vacation.
Cheapest I remember it was back in highschool but probably the only reason because I had to buy it. Just googled gas prices the year I was born and it was under a dollar but that’s been a while lol

·
Banned
547 Posts
Cheapest in Shtattle WA is $1.89.

Reactions: Folsom_Prison

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,070 Posts
Has anybody seen and $.94 mark up from regular to premium?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Folsom_Prison

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
When i first started driving around 2000-ish, gas was about $1 a gallon. It reached $1.79 here recently but is on the rise again.

·
Premium Member
26,268 Posts
I have receipts for heating oil of $.12 a gallon. I remember when gas hit a buck. Pumps only had two number places. So gas jumped 2 cents because the price was half what was shown. Pump shows $.51 sign says $1.02 Gallon.
I asked for $10 he stops At $10 (really $20) I didn’t have $20 on me. He said his mistake. I paid for it next day.

·
Mentally Frozen
28,452 Posts
I don't remember the last time I saw it under a buck.

·
Registered
30,303 Posts
I can remember in the late 1950's buying gas for my 1955 Chevy Impala, on sale, for 18 cents a gallon.

I gas up at Wal Mart because I get a discount when using a Wal Mart "Gift Card".

I buy the gift card with the "Cash Back" money from my Amazon Credit Card.

So, I actually haven't "paid" for gas in a long while.

·
Mentally Frozen
28,452 Posts
My dad had a service station in the 60's and I saw .17 cents a gallon during the gas wars.

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
I can remember in the late 1950's buying gas for my 1955 Chevy Impala, on sale, for 18 cents a gallon.

I gas up at Wal Mart because I get a discount when using a Wal Mart "Gift Card".

I buy the gift card with the "Cash Back" money from my Amazon Credit Card.

So, I actually haven't "paid" for gas in a long while.
YOU, My friend are an OF, like me..When I started driving, gas was 5 GALLONS FOR A DOLLAR.. I had THE CAR 53 Dodge Convertible, the FIRST HEMI V 8, "The Guys" chipped in a quarter each and we rode around "trying" to pick up girls, what fun.
I remember one smart a$$ chic, Her, "You got gas in that car," Us "yeah" Her "well, step on it"....<vbg>

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Approaching 2 dollars a gallon here. Might be over as I can assure it will continue to go up. Yesterday literally looked almost normal traffic wise. I’m not sure where everyone was going but they clearly have tuned out our idiot governor and have completely disregarded her. I also think these oil companies are going to get theirs back and we will see 4 dollars a gallon again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts