First blood of Sept.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by romperstomper, Sep 10, 2007.

1. romperstomper

romperstomper Guest

First squirrel of the early season. Beautiful, healthy, large adult male.

I am a hunting god.

;)

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Good job, but there ain't much meat on "a" squirrel. Better keep working on filling that freezer. ;) :supergrin:

On that note, DANG it's hard to see the little tree rats when the leaves are still thick. Not to mention the fact that I live/hunt where the wind literally never stops blowing, and that means the LEAVES never stop moving and making noise...

...ah, the challenges of the hunt. :hearts: :thumbsup:

3. romperstomper

romperstomper Guest

The place where I popped this one is pretty small. If I push too hard before they've had a few successful litters I'm not sure there would be any left for the regular season.

:supergrin:

4. MR. TWISTER

MR. TWISTER

Congrats, our small game season doesn't open till Sept 15th.
    Brandon

5. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

6. MR. TWISTER

MR. TWISTER

3 more days but I have to work Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Opening day for me= Sept 17th.
    Brandon

7. romperstomper

romperstomper Guest

Went again yesterday. I couldn't believe it. Shot this squirrel out of the tree. It fell 20+ feet, survived, than I shot it again, it began to squeal. I thought that was it, the death screech. But when I went to look it must have crawled away. I was so dissapointed.

Went out again today and did much better. Head shot off hand at 30 yards. What amazed me is that this was a perfect head shot with a large 36 grain HP, and after recovering the squirrel her brains were mush, but, nevertheless, she squirmed and tossed for about 5 seconds after getting hit. I've had head shots where they went perfectly still, but when they do the little "Totentance" that is a testament to how tough these little guys are.