First and probably last Glock... 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by howi152, Feb 28, 2010.

1. howi152

howi152

The name is Howie and i'm new to the forum and glocking. I was looking at the taurus pt145, but was talked into the glock 30. It was a great choice. I love everything about it. the other gun i currently own is a ruger p95dc. I do like the ruger, but wanted something more concealable and 45 cal. anywho, I've been lurking for a little while while i was waiting for the account to be activated and it seems like cool people here. I look forward to spending time here.

so :wavey:

2. VA_Glocker

VA_Glocker

Congrats.!! Why probably the "Last Glock"..?? Just shoot a couple of hundred rounds... then you will be hooked to buy more Glocks.

3. howi152

howi152

i should have added, i just got married and the wife to me no more guns and then i went and bought the 30 without asking. I'm working for a federal agency right now and hoping to transfer into a le position soon so that i will have a better reason to aquire more guns.

i've put 200+ rounds through my 30 and have fallen in love. it is beautiful! it was used, but in great condition with factory (imprinted glock) nightsights and just bought a clipdraw for it. I know that's controversial, but so far i like it and don't feel comfy with a round chambered with my 30 yet. my partner gave me a iwb holster, but it rides to high for my comfort, but with the clipdraw it sits perfect.

i could go on all night, but that's a good start. oh yeah a clue to which agency... 2nd most hated by the public ;)

4. Glock2008

Glock2008 Gun User

I have a gen 2.5 Glock 30. They're great guns. But theres no such thing as a last Glock. Enjoy.

5. knoxrocks222

knoxrocks222

the TSA, the Transportation Security Administration, that group of not so friendly security people that check you in at the airport; these are the people that confiscate your shampoo, hair gel, baby formula and bottled water all in an effort to keep you safe.
    :tongueout::rofl:

6. howi152

howi152

don't forget bottled water...

i'll say on our behalf that there are great reasons for everything and most people don't care to think things through. needless to say the only agency hated more then us is the IRS :D

edit guess you didn't forget the bottle water ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  7. I.Hate.Glocks.

I.Hate.Glocks.

8. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

A Glock 30 busted my Glock cherry 10 years ago... then along comes this phenomenon known as the 10mm. 29 comes before 30... maybe you should reconsider!:cool:

9. 208GunGeek

208GunGeek

Hey there howi152! I'm new here as well. My one and only Glock is a G30 (full size-not SF) and I LOVE it. Very accurate little gun! Had it for 3 weeks and have about 700 rounds through it already. Not a single problem. Goes bang each and every time!

Great choice on the G30. Welcome to GT :welcome:

10. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Great choice. I have a 29, and have always felt the 29/30 are very "shootable" given their size and the rounds they chamber. I'd go so far as to say that my 29 is easier to shoot with hot 10mm than a full sized 1911 with hot .45.

11. howi152

howi152

i bought and have been shooting mostly the 9 round mag because its it a better cc mag and i figure if i reload a factory 10 rd mag it will be that much better. i shot the .40 cal sub compact glock and it felt like it popped a little more then the 30. i must confess i haven't tried the 10mm yet. can i swap the barrel and mag?

12. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

You don't want a Frankengun, my friend... If you wanna 10mm, save yer shekels, and buy one! :cool:

13. voyager4520

voyager4520

Welcome and congrats! There is an aftermarket 10mm conversion barrel for the .45ACP Glocks(not the G36 as far as I know), but any conversion barrel will not work 100% reliably. If you want a 10mm Glock, buy a 10mm Glock.

14. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

LOL, tell her to get used to it as you are going to get hooked my friend.

I strongly advise against the clip draw, get rid of it before you start getting used to it. They are "OK" for revolvers, IMHO with NYC triggers. Still, material can snag the trigger causing an AD.

Get a good holster and practice drawing until you feel comfy enough to carry with one in the pipe. You should feel "comfy" when your Glock is securely fastened in a quality holster that covers the trigger entirely. If the trigger is covered, you shouldn't have to worry about anything else (carry/safety wise).

Glocks hurt when you throw them at people, but they are far more effective when shot. Carrying without one in the chamber may cause you to use your Glock as a brick instead of a firearm. Congrats on the new purchase!

DH

15. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

My girlfriend thinks there are 4 Glocks in my safe and a wayward M&P here or there. If she only knew... :whistling:

16. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

Dudes, why are GIRL-FRIENDS telling you what and what-not to by. Its bad enough when the licence is signed.

17. MCPreacher

MCPreacher

I said that when I bought my G30. Thought it was a good gun and figured "Why buy more? They all look the same anyway."

Now I have a G30, a G21 and a G36.....

Never say never!

18. GP55445

GP55445

I buy Glocks because she can't tell the difference between them...

19. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

Welcome buddy.

G30 is a great package - may she serve you well.

only thing I have added to mine was a pair of talongrips. Very nice addition.

20. G19 DB

G19 DB

A lot of us guys on here can give you lots of hope. I got married 20+ years ago and started with one gun (and now have a BUNCH)!

Best advice I can give you is to read Pat McManus "Gun running past your wife". He use to write for Outdoor Life and this article was a humorous one, but still very true! (you can find this timeless article in his book "The Grasshopper Trap")

Pat says, soon, you will need that second gun and she'll go, why cant you hunt deer with the gun you have, and you'll explain the difference between a 9mm and a 30-30 rifle and she will concede. Now you have your "base" set of two guns.

Sooner or later the subject of a third gun will come up and there will be a little fight, but nothing your strong marriage cant get over. But then the biggie: THE FOURTH GUN. This is huge, but an all important step. This is when she starts talking about your collection as "all those guns". Now the collection can grow past #4, to however large you need... I'm not doing the article any justice. You'll have to read it. The whole book is really funny, especially if you enjoy the outdoors.

Good luck with the mrs... You got a good support group here! :cool: