close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Academy Days

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by strokin99, Jan 9, 2010.

1. strokin99

strokin99

Well I started my academy on Wednesday and all I have to say is that this is going to be a blast! The first day was more of an orientation of what to expect and what is to be expected from us. Day two and three is when we met the actual DI's and let me tell you what, these guys are hardcore. Two of the four are retired Marines with one being a retired DI.

I think it's neet how they bark off orders and get in your face and scream at you. I just wish that three of them didn't know who I am. Two of them are from my department and the third/head DI is a really good family friend who has been waiting for to goto the academy.

2. nursetim

nursetim

Which rookie school are you going to? Onslow CC? I went to CFCC in Wilmington. They must have scared the spelling right out of you. ;)

3. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You are a sick man... thinking it's neat... I didn't think it was neat. I just wanted it over with.

4. VinVega

VinVega Duct Tape?

Dude, I think you made a wrong turn somewhere. If you're having fun, you aren't at the academy. Now if you really are in the right place, and still having fun, then someone missed something on your psych eval... :supergrin:

Seriously, though. It's not so bad, and it's over before you know it. Soak in everything you can while you're there, and ask all the questions you can think of. It won't be long until the guns are real and the suspects try to actually hurt you.

5. strokin99

strokin99

I am actually going to an academy in MD because that is where I finally found a job. I will admit that it is hard and some of the stuff they have us doing right now sucks, but if it will keep me alive in the long run then I have no complaints at all. The only thing that sucks about it right now is that my girlfriend is 6 hours away so not seeing her when I get home is kind of hard but I just have to keep telling myself that it will benefit us in the long run.

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

That's a good attitude, hope you keep it for the next 20-30 years as you go through all the trials and tribulations of our profession.