First 45 ACP

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BeauTie1, Mar 9, 2017.

1. jjl

jjl

Hi:
    With a "Plus 2" magazine floor plate, it will give more grip height wise.

2. pscyclepath

pscyclepath

I made my return to .45 caliber about 4 years ago with a G30SF. I am not much of an M1911 fan due to years of carrying the old worn-out ones in the Army, but I really, really liked the G30. It became my HD weapon, as well as my usual carry weapon when I had to venture off into booger country or those-than-usual places. After a couple years, I added a G21SF to match & keep it company. Last December I swapped the 21SF for a G41, since I was looking to upgrade it to a Gen4, and found an excellent deal on the 41. It's hard to go wrong with either of the compact ot full-sized Glock 45s. I even CC that 41 from time to time, it's really no harder than packing a 1911.

One new entry that I've really grown to like has been S&W's Shield 45. I bought one a couple months ago, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and a steady backup to the Glocks. Small profile, almost a good pocket rocket. Holds 6+1 with the compact magazine; i bought the version with the thumb safety for a little more mental comfort for when I need to pocket carry or transfer the weapon between modes of concealment. A super-good shooter as well. If you're looking for a good CC .45, I highly recommend the Shield if you're not going Glock.

rjr573 likes this.

3. Wm Paul Smith

Wm Paul Smith NRA INSTRUCTOR & NRA RSO

The G30S has been my main carry for almost 4 years now and I carry it everyday/all day and love it. I have about 16K rounds through it and carry my G26 gen 4 when I need something a little smaller. I would be lost without my G30s. Trijicon HD Night sights, Talon Grips (rubber), Pearce Mag Ext and 3.5 Ghost trigger connector. Very accurate and easy to shoot. I found the 124 Grain load to be the best for me in this gun. You can't go wrong!

4. pdaddy

pdaddy

Can't go wrong with an H&K USP45, I keep one under my steering wheel 24/7. And if price is a concern, LEO trades can be found from $450-$550, I got mine for the latter.

Wm Paul Smith likes this.
  5. oldfart64

oldfart64

Im in the same position, or was until I shot my son in laws g21. It has less recoil than my 9mm ruger. So, case closed, g21 for me

6. rjr573

rjr573 The Prop Doctor

I have owned several G21 and G30/G30sf and liked them all but I recently bought a M&P Shield in .45 and am super impressed with it... Hardly any larger or heavier than my M&P 9mm... Got it online for 379.00 shipped free.... If you want something larger and heavier look at the ATI Xtreme FX 1911... Got my 4.25" Commander model online for 349.00 shipped free and am super impressed with it too...I have seen the basic 5" models for 299.00

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Patriot04 likes this.
  7. H2O MAN

H2O MAN

.45 ACP Glocks are my favorite pistols.

Now that I have a Gen4 G41, my old G21 is my new nightstand pistol.

8. Chop Suey

Chop Suey

For carrying concealed I tried a G30S and G36. They carried fine for me but the 30S didn't fit my hand well and the 36 choked too much.

Enter the G41. It fits my hands well and I CAN carry it concealed IWB although I find drawing it efficiently is a challenge for me. Still the 41 is
    a sweet shooting 45acp. Like Terlingueno,if I am going to cary a 45acp pistol it will be one of my Government model 1911s. I didn't trust the 36 even for a bathroom gun. Yep,I know they run great for lots of shooters;not me.

I could/should have stopped buying Glocks after my first one,a G19.

9. MondoHunter

MondoHunter

My first was a Gen 4 41. Love shooting that gun. My EDC is a Gen 4 30 with 21 mags and xgrips to make of the space. I carry my 30 mag in the little front pocket in my Levi's, fits perfect.

H2O MAN likes this.
  10. DrewBone

DrewBone

As long as you have decent sized hands and you're not considering carrying concealed IWB while wearing your Speedo® (LOL), I second the above. They're great pistols of near legendary reputation.

My HK USP 45 V1's:
    [​IMG]
    There are of course other choices in 45ACP as well which are more catered towards concealment, such as the single stack Springfield Armory XDs Mod.2 45ACP in either 3.3" or 4.0" barrel lengths. I liked the 3.3" version, a Davidson's Exclusive in FDE:
    [​IMG]

Glock pistols are good, but there's more to life than Glock. You owe it to yourself to pause before drinking the Kool-Aid and take the time to expand and explore the envelope, to learn of and get educated about the other very good choices and possibilities for not only 45ACP carry guns, but those chambered in other capable calibers as well. You might find that both you and your wallet might even be happier in the long run too.

Springfield Armory is currently running their "GearUp Promotion"...purchase ANY new Springfield Armory 9mm, 40SW or 45ACP pistol between Feb. 1st and June 30th 2017 and receive 4 extra magazines, a double mag pouch, and a holster for it, for...[drumroll please]...F-R-E-E! Check it out.

https://www.springfieldpromo.com

Best wishes in your search.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    JMag likes this.
  11. Jason Glockman

Jason Glockman

My EDC is the G21SF GEN3. My B.U.G is the G17. Im a big guy and have no problems concealing them.

12. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

You might want to try a modern 1911 with decent fit and finish they are reliable and accurate. The 1911 trigger can be just awesome as well.

13. norton

norton

You will need some of these.

cast 45 bullets.PNG

14. norton

norton

This is a great range gun and bedside defender. You can't go wrong with 15 in the magazine and one in the pipe.

FNH.PNG

OBG17 likes this.
  15. OBG17

OBG17

Oh yeah. Same one I have. Awesome gun that I carry on occasions.

16. joemsj51

joemsj51

You need to try the compact Springfield XDS 3.3 like pictured above. Easier on your wallet too.