close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firefox + java

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by lomfs24, Apr 18, 2006.

1. lomfs24

lomfs24

Had a weird thing happen to me now. I had some windoze updates done. They downloaded, I checked them, nothing out of the ordinary, installed them, restart computer as instructed. I then open firefox and go to my usual site. http://www.dailyfx.com/charts/Chart.html
    It is a chart based in java. Normally there are some controls on the top and it opens in a default setting of a bar chart. Now when I open that page with firefox, there is no control menus at the top and it open in a line chart not a bar chart. And I can't change any of it. It works fine in Explorer but not Firefox. Any ideas?

2. HAVOC

HAVOC Remember CLM Millennium Member

Hmmm... does Java store files for both the IE and FF VMs in the same place? First thing I'd do is reinstall Java within a Firefox environment.

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp and click on Download Now, it'll query your system and (theoretically anyway) get the right version for you OS and browser. Oh, be sure to click the link within a Firefox browser window/tab. It definitely comes up with different pages in IE and FF.

3. lomfs24

lomfs24

I'll give it a shot Havoc. Probably tomorrow though,...it's early now.

4. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

When I download and install Java I must choose the Windows version.Then it installs and works in both Explorer and Firefox.