close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firedragon ported barrel and GSSF

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by sundance66, Jun 7, 2006.

1. sundance66

sundance66

I want to get a Glock 30 with a Firedragon ported barrel to reduce recoil as I plan to use it as a bullseye gun. I know that GSSF indoor matches are restrictive about scopes and other mods, but I am not sure about after market barrels , esp ported ones.

Anyone out there have any feedback?

I tried the GSSF site but so far, no one will give me the time of Day!:frown:

2. BillO

BillO

I have ported barrels on my G30, G23, and a six-port on my G35. Love 'em. Takes the bite out of the G23, amazing on the G35, but the 45 ACP G30 doesn't seem to work as well as the 40's. It helps, but reduces flip and recoil to a lesser degree than the smaller calibers. Don't know why, just my observation.

3. BillO

BillO

I also have a FireDragon ported barrel on my G36. All my other barrels are Storm Lake. Same story nevertheless. Less effective in 45ACP.

4. MuRDoC

MuRDoC

the 45 is a low pressure round, the higher the pressure(more gas) the better it works; the 357sig would work better than the 9mm

5. stevehof

stevehof G23+hot load ©

In a GSSF match you would have to shoot in 'Master Unlimited’ since the barrel is not Glock manufactured.

6. sundance66

sundance66

Sounds like for GSSF, I would have to re-insert the standard glock barrel and live with the recoil, though it sounds like detuning my loads and a lighter recoil spring may help just as much.

Appreciate the feedback.

Thought about a 357SIG, but too much trouble to get new brass and reloading equip. for one gun. I have 3 9mm and this would make seond 45 ACP (so far).:)

7. ede

ede Bama's Friend

the rules are set by each range so it'd really be up to each place you shoot. the places i shoot only have restrictions on optics and red dots. i shoot a ported 9 and 40 at 3 ranges.