Glock Talk banner

Firearms you have carried during your LE career

663 Views 71 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  Morris
I have been in LE for 16 years and realized I have carried quite a few different guns during that time. Here is what I have carried - post yours.

HK P7M13
Sig 226
Glock 23
Glock 27
Beretta 96D
HK USPc
Glock 19

Mossberg 500
Remington 870

M14
HK MP5 A3
Colt M4
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Enforcerator.
11,292 Posts
Before I post my list, you will have to recognize how schizophrenic my curent agency is, especially about guns. Every new FTU chief who comes in, (who are all mega gun nuts) has his very defined opinion on what our firearms needs are. For years, I'm at 24 plus.
First agency : .38 special Smith and Wesson, model 49 - had to purchase myself. Edited to add a CZ-75 I forgot I bought and carried that I sold to buy the P226.

Second agency: .357 Smith and Wesson, model 13, agency issued.
9mm SIG P226, (had to buy myself), and my old S&W 49.

Third agency: 9mm 6906 Smith and Wesson - agency issued. I gave it back after two range sessions where I couldn't get it to go through two mags in a row without jamming. Then carried.........
9mm SIG P226, that I had bought at the last job, and the 49.

Fourth agency issued:
Glock 17
Glock 19
SIG P228 (armorer f'ed it up) then got a
SIG P226
Glock 22
SIG P229 (which I carry now)
personally owned and carried: old reliable P226
old reliable S&W 49

Personally owned: 9mm Sig239
.45 Sig 220
9mm Beretta 92

Long guns issued:
Colt SMG 9mm
Colt CAR-15 .223
H&K 53 (not very long, dammit) .223
Rock River Arms LAR-15 .223
Remington 870 with a 14 inch barrel and wood stocks, and a bead sight (old school).
Remington 870 with a 14 inch barrel and synthetic stocks, and tritium night sights (new school).

And, I would not be surprised to read this tomorrow and realize I missed a couple. :supergrin: Edited because I did.

· Son o the hound
115 Posts
S&W 645
Browning High Power
Colt 1911
Sig P-220
Colt 1911
Para Ordinance LDA
Glock 23

Back ups
S&W 60
Bersa Thunder .380
S&W640

Mini-14
AR-15
MP-5
MP-5SD
Rem 700 PSS
Savage 10FP

Same 870 since 1991.

· Registered
10,597 Posts
My list isn't as impressive as those above, but here goes:

Duty Weapons:
H&K P7M8-carried about 12 years

S&W 99 -carried about six months. It did not work out with our agency and we sent them back to Smith. I don't see it listed on their website so it seems the model is discontinued.

Sig 228 -carried about 7 years to present.

Duty Shotguns:
Remington 870
Benelli M1 Super 90

Duty Rifles:
Colt AR 15 SP1 model
Colt M4 6920

Off Duty Weapons:
G27
G19
Ruger LCP
Colt Combat Commander

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
S&W M 10 (skinny barrel) with .38 spl RNL ammo. this was my first issue weapon, NEVER carried it or RNL ammo.

All the ones below are self purchased.

S&W M19 nickel with Rem 125Gr .357mag ammo

S&W M65 (Dept. issue)

S&W 681

SIg P226

S&W 4506

Glock 22

BUGS

Charter arms .38 Spl - what I really wanted was that S&W M60 but it was so much more expensive. so I settled for the charter arms. that lasted ONE shift. Got home pulled it out of the ankle holster popped the cylinder open and turned it upside down to drop the rounds into my hand and instead had the cylinder drop into my hand. The charter used a pressed in cylinder stop and mine had fallen out. it went back to the gunshop.

S&W M60

Charter Bulldog 44spl.- Had this one tuned and a metalife finish put on it.

Detonic pocket 9- heavy as a brick and kicked like a mule because of it's fixed barrel direct blowback action. the only holster I could find was the medevil torture device the Safariland "wet leg" neoprene. uncomfortable as hell and the Detonics was so heavy and bulky it looked like a squirrel was crawling up my pant leg. needless to say this BUG did not last long.

S&W M38 nickel

S&W M 640

S&W M3913- I actually carried this in a Galco ankle glove and a offside ankle rig that carried two mags for it.

LONGUNS

S&W 3000 12 Ga.

Benelli M1 the original all steel one

Benelli Super 90

Rem 870 14" bbl.- Dept Issue

Daewoo .223

H&K MP5 - dept issue

Rem 700P W Tasco 6X sniper scope- dept issue

Off duty guns

Colt govt .45- my first off duty gun that I would have carried on duty if they would have let me. I carried this until they finally stopped allowing SA gun for off duty.

Browning HP- carried it once in a while instead of the Colt.

Walthe rPPK-of course I bought one! James Bond had one!!! after shooting it and having it chew up the web of my hand I decided James Bond was obviously a masochist.

Colt Det Spl

Colt Agent.

Walther P5

S&W 629- customized by mag na Port. BBL cut to 3" and magnaported, action job, hammer dehorned and grip made into a round butt. a sweet shooting pistol but heavier than I wanted to carry off duty since tended to lean towards auto's. I kept it for a long time though as a competition gun, it was a killer bowling pin shooting gun with Med power flat point .44 mag loads.

Once I purchased the Sig P226 I got the Sig P 225 for off duty, carried it for a while. then decided to just carry my on duty gun for off duty. and I stayed with that thru the S&W 4506 and my final Duty gun the G22

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
OXCOPS;11474522 said:
Dragoon. Bull****. No way they had 70% of those invented when you were on the job. :whistling:
Rookies should be seen and not heard.

:tongueout::rofl::rofl:

· Registered
10,597 Posts
Dragoon,

How did you like the 4506?

All the Smiths I have had (except the issued model 99) were reliable and were built like tanks.

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
4949shooter;11474717 said:
Dragoon,

How did you like the 4506?

All the Smiths I have had (except the issued model 99) were reliable and were built like tanks.
The 4506 was an excellent weapon, I had mine given a reliabilityaction job by Novaks. and I had the straight backstrap grips rather than the curved ones.

Shortly after I purchased mine I talked the chief into finally dumping revolvers and the entire Dept. transitioned to the 4506. We never had any problems with the 4506 even shooting the Rem +P ammo in them.

I had tried out the 645 when it came out and did not like it at all, the grip angle was awkward.

· Registered
10,597 Posts
Dragoon44;11474846 said:
The 4506 was an excellent weapon, I had mine given a reliabilityaction job by Novaks. and I had the straight backstrap grips rather than the curved ones.

Shortly after I purchased mine I talked the chief into finally dumping revolvers and the entire Dept. transitioned to the 4506. We never had any problems with the 4506 even shooting the Rem +P ammo in them.

I had tried out the 645 when it came out and did not like it at all, the grip angle was awkward.
+1 on the grip with the straight backstrap.

I had this on my 4046 as well.

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
The only gripe I ever had with my 4506 was that it would not reliably function with the round i really wanted to carry. the Speer 200gr. lawman load known as the "flying ashtray". It functioned flawlessly with every other ammo. And even after Novaks tuned mine it still was not reliable iwth that ammo.

But that was just a quirk with that particular gun. I tried out the speer load in the stock dept. issue 4506's and they fed it with no problem.

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
If I had the money I would have had a Steyr Aug and a Galil .308 in my trunk.

Some guns I would have owned and carried early on except for the heel mag release they then had. which I did not like.

H&K P7

Browning BDA ( later imported by Sig itself as the P220)

· Enforcerator.
11,292 Posts
Dragoon44;11475324 said:
If I had the money I would have had a Steyr Aug and a Galil .308 in my trunk.

Some guns I would have owned and carried early on except for the heel mag release they then had. which I did not like.

H&K P7

Browning BDA ( later imported by Sig itself as the P220)
Shoot, you just reminded me, I carried a Sig P220. :supergrin:

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
series1811;11475401 said:
Shoot, you just reminded me, I carried a Sig P220. :supergrin:
I would have carried the P220 except I had already bought a P 226 and had ten mags for it. by the time Sig put the mag release in the right place. And by the time I did switch from the P226 I went with the then new 4506

I had one simple philosophy about the job, they might get me one day, but it was never going to be because I ran out of Ammo or guns.

:rofl::rofl:

· Enforcerator.
11,292 Posts
Dragoon44;11475440 said:
I would have carried the P220 except I had already bought a P 226 and had ten mags for it. by the time Sig put the mag release in the right place. And by the time I did switch from the P226 I went with the then new 4506

I had one simple philosophy about the job, they might get me one day, but it was never going to be because I ran out of Ammo or guns.

:rofl::rofl:
I quit carrying my P220 because I was about the only in my northeastern office who did, and the firearms instructors were always forgetting to bring .45 ammo to the range.

· Unfair Facist
28,862 Posts
series1811;11475464 said:
I quit carrying my P220 because I was about the only in my northeastern office who did, and the firearms instructors were always forgetting to bring .45 ammo to the range.
I was the primary firearms instructor for my agency so we always had plenty of ammo on hand for whatever I was carrying.

:whistling::rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts