close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firearms Sale Requirements/Procedures

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by ahtsay, Nov 12, 2006.

1. ahtsay

ahtsay

Hello peeps! In order to fulfill my Open Dream, I have to sell my Para. :sad: Anyways, the buyer is just asking for a deed of sale daw. Is this all that is needed? Parang gusto ata ng buyer, I give him the deed of sale and the FA, tapos babayaran niya ako...tapos ok na daw. This is my first time selling a firearm, so I'm not sure if this is the correct procedure. The buyer is a Col. in the PNP, so maybe he can have some shortcuts in the process. Please advice naman kung ano ano ang dapat kong ingatan. Thanks!!:supergrin:

(Nagsisisi talaga ako...my Para had been so reliable...:sad:, baket ko pa kasi na meet si Doc eh......) :supergrin:

2. toxic

toxic

Here Sir....
    Requirements to Possess New/Transfer Firearm (Individual)

An individual must be a Filipino citizen, at least 21 years of age, of good moral character and qualified to posses/own a firearm. Application form must be properly accomplished, signed by the applicant and duly notarized. The following forms are to be strictly complied with before submission:

Forms to be accomplished

Duly accomplishes Firearm License Application (3 copies duly notarized w/ CTC No.)
    PNP Form No. 2 (Application for Regular License)
    Information Sheet
    Affidavit of No-Pending Case
    Drug Test
    Gun Safety Seminar with OR
    Neuro-Psychiatric Test with OR
    DI/PNP Clearance
    Police Clearance (Place of Residence)
    Mayor's Clearance (Place of Residence)
    Court Clearance (Place of Residence)
    Ballistics/Stencil Report
    PNP Form No.12 (Permit to Purchase Firearm and Ammunition)
    Firearm License Fee (EO256) and Surety Bond
    Firearm License Card Fee P150.00
    Deed of Sale or Affidavit of Transfer (For Transfer Firearm)
    Three (3) 2x2 and two (2) 1x1 ID pictures with signature
    Proof of Citizenship for Foreign Sounding names (Birth Certificate, etc.)
    Other documents required

FOR PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL

Certificate of Employment
    Income Tax Return duly notarized by BIR representative

FOR PROFESSIONAL

Photocopy of PTR for the current year
    Income Tax Return duly notarized by BIR representatives

FOR BUSINESSMAN

Business Name
    Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement

FOR PROPRIETOR / OVERSEER / ADMINISTRATOR

Treasurer's Certificate showing value of agricultural land
    Income Tax Return duly notarized by BIR representative

FOR SENATOR / CONGRESSMAN

Appointment Order

FOR OFFICIAL / EMPLOYEES OF THE SENATE / CONGRESS / APPOINTIVE OFFICIALS

Copy of appointment from the Civil Service

FOR PROVINCIAL OFFICIALS / EMPLOYEES

Copy of appointment from the Civil Service or Oath of Office

FOR SENIOR CITIZEN

Letter request addressed to C,PNP (Attn: C,FED)
    Proof or document showing that applicant is under actual threat or his life is in imminent danger
    Xeroxed copy of renewed Firearm License
    Xeroxed copy of expired permit (for Renewal)
    Medical Certificate - attesting to the applicant is fit to possess, handle and carry firearm
    Senior Citizen's ID Card
    PTCFOR ID Card Fee - P150.00

FOR AFP / PNP / BJMP PERSONNEL

Latest Enlistment/Re-enlistment/Appointment/Absorption Order for those in Active Service or Retirement Order for Retirees

dont release the firearm till all the requirements are accomplished...if the buyer ask to try your pistol make sure he shoots it in arange with witness..may nabalitaan ako last year na may buyer binaril yung seller and nawala na lang bigla.

3. mikol

mikol

bro deed of sale should be signed by you & the buyer, with atleast 1 witness also signing the said doc.

after that, have it notarize by any notary public office with the SEAL of the signatory & also documentary stamp.

you should have 2-copies for the deed of sale, 1 for you & 1 for the buyer.
    give him the deed of sale & let him process the papers 1st before giving him the firearm unit.

giving him the firearm unit BEFORE the license of ownership has been transfered, MIGHT put both of you in a VERY BIG trouble!! just my 2cents kapatid. :)

ask denooh regarding this matter & he will give you a good sound of advice.:)

editted to add*** usually deed of sale indicates the adrresses of both parties with resedence cert. date of issuance & other infos.
    it also indicates both your TIN numbers.

please ask denooh, i think he has a form for this.

4. G19cPH

G19cPH

May nag alok sa akin ng Daewoo 9mm dala agad baril binayaran ko binigay niya baril the next day execute kami deed of sale tapos ok na,ako na nag transfer nung baril under my name. May mga nag dadala ng baril sa akin pag bayad ko bigay na agad baril tapos execute lang ulet ng deed of sale.

5. mikol

mikol

ok lang pag di ka nasita or di nagkaroon ng search sa haus mo.
    but if incase nagkaroon ng search sa habols mo(general SONA sa boung subdivision or something) at nakita yung boomer na di pa naka license sayo, walang kwenta yung deed of sale at lagot kayo noong original na me ari ng boomer.

it might be a 1 in a million chance to happen.
    but you don't know, sometimes syeett happens.:supergrin: ;) ;)

6. mikol

mikol

gasino lang naman yung mag-bayad ka sa notaryo at stamps.
    tapus yung 1 month waiting period, rather than compromising both parties of their safety & legalities of keeping the firearm before it's due process of transfering it's license di ba?
    ika nga it's better safe than sorry... just my 2cents mga kapatid.:supergrin:

7. G19cPH

G19cPH

Pakisama na lang sa local authorities,provincial commander.....and a good hidding place for the boomer hanggang di na complete ang transfer ng papers..

8. pipo

pipo

Just go a reputable gun store like twin pines. Usually they assist in the transfer of licensed firearms for a fee of course.;)

9. mikol

mikol

well, i've done it myself before with a license danao made 6" .357 s&w copy revo.
    yun naman is my late fathers personal/service firearm when he used to be active in service.
    when he died, i keep the FA for more than a year before it creeps me out & sell it to somebody else. :supergrin: ;)

10. toxic

toxic

Ditto

i would do it the legal and right way.

11. G19cPH

G19cPH

No problem at all with me just sharing my experience in gun sale,dealing,loan..etc..:)

12. ahtsay

ahtsay

My problem is that this Col. wants to use this FA sa isang shoot, first week of December. How do I tell him that we would need to wait for the papers to come out if he insists on taking home the FA? :sad: Anyways, I'll talk to him again and see if I can convince him to do it the legal/long way in order to protect both of us.

13. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

If he insists, walk away.

14. jasonub

jasonub

i got a gun before this way.

seller went to my house with me making the deed of sale with his details which i got through the phone.

he brings the gun to my house i paid cash and he got 1 copy of the deed of sale without the notary. he gave me his firearm license

i had it notarized and had it transferred in my name through a friend.

tapos.

his risk is high but he trusted me.

15. jimbullet

jimbullet

Is it possible to go for a legal waiver of rights of undertaking that states that any misuse from henceforth the new owner in principle shall be liable and that the previous owner is waived of any responsibility?

I am not quite sure if this is something doable...

16. mikol

mikol

it's possible to have this kind of legal waiver "IF" the firearm license "HAD BEEN" transfered already to the buyers name.

you cannot use this type of legal waiver to support "JUST" a deed of sale.
    useless parin if the proper authority caught up w/ somebody keeping a firearm which is not license under his name, even if he have this deed of sale & the above mentioned waiver.

as what jason mentioned in his post, it's to risky to do so.
    but if someone will decide to "DO IT" this way, then they should be very extra carefull on keeping the said FA until such time it will be legally license under their name. :)

17. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

In my experience, when a buyer buys the gun and writes a deed of sale kaliwaan na lang. Legaly, (although i'm not a legal expert so legel experts pls do correct me if i'm wonrg)when the sale is executed and the deed of sale notarized the seller then is in no way liable for anything after the deed of sale has been signed by both parties, given that there are agreements, clauses, or conditions in the deed of sale regarding what might happen after the sale. However, the best and the wisest thing to do is to leagally transfer it. Mahirap na ;)

18. mikol

mikol

this only works when you are selling something like cars, house & lot or have a lease agreement or contract.

but selling a FIREARM will nullify any deed of sale or legal waiver signed by both parties, until such time that the License of the said FIREARM had been transfered already to the buyers name. :)

19. mtho

mtho

try to go to the fed satellite office in greenhills (2nd floor of building between DEC and OB montesorri in anapolis yung me tindang pansit malabon sa baba)try to talk to them on what is required, almost walang customer duon parati, ask if they know kung pano matratransfer in time for the shoot in december.

o ayan so tuloy na tuloy na open mo ha wala nang excuse hehehe, wag ka na kumuha uli ng standard open nalang. advice nga ni matt burkett go open first it'll help you learn faster and your time in standard will improve as well when you use the open as a training tool.

20. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Is it better kung magpa-assist ako sa gunstore? How long would it take kung ganun?