close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firearm transportation to Westhampton Match?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jvquix, Jun 23, 2002.

1. jvquix

jvquix

I live in Florida and will be in New York City during the weekend of the Westhampton Match. I am trying to find out more info on getting my Glocks up there for the match. Any one know what I can and can't do concerning transporting my firearms in New York state and New York City? Thanks.;d

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I suggest keeping your unloaded pistol locked in a case, locked in your trunk. Ammo locked in a separate container, locked in your trunk. NYC has very strick firearms laws. Keep a copy of your Glock Report handy to show that you are going to a match.

3. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

I would suggest that you call/E-mail a NY Law Enforcement agency or perhaps the NRA and find out, before you go. The last time I was in the State of NY, possession of a non-licensed handgun was a felony.

Jay

4. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Before I went to Fulton NY a couple of years ago, I asked a NY city LEO. about this, he told me to seperate the slide, frame, and barrel and to put them in seperate places in the car,ie. trunk, glove compartment, and console. Now you are not transporting or possesing a firearm, because it can not be fired!!!!
    Furthermore, it usually your attitude towards the law enforcement officer that will determine how you are treated.Very few people know that the now famous Rodney King had two male, passengers in the car when he was stopped!!!Why were the passengers not hit with a club???? They did what was requested!!!!!!

5. Glock Dave

Glock Dave

Before I went to the Westhampton match 2 tears ago, I called the NY State Police and asked how to legaly transport a firearm. They said to put it in a locked case, unloaded, with the ammo in a separate container. Put the gun in the locked case in the trunk or as far away from the driving area as possible. He said that should do it. Unless things have changed in the last 2 years. NY is not very gun friendly.