close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firearm safety course results

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rolltide_pisco, Apr 14, 2012.

1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Patron Life Member

Used my G19 G4 and 200 rds of Federal Champion 115gr. Went through many different scenarios.

Front door break-in scenario
    Sitting at a restaurant scenario
    self defense against a knife attack
    Side to side shuffling shooting target at 15 feet
    Weaver and isocoles (sp) stances
    quick reloading

Started off kinda slow. Too much anticipation, jerking the trigger, not lining up the sights. Once I relaxed some, the courses I caught on. Several headshots, couple bullseyes.

Overall I ended up coming out better than my first time shooting last week. Instructor was very patient and I learned alot. Really stressed learning the statutes and psychologically setting yourself up in your mind knowing God forbid you have to pull your weapon and could take a man's life. Very informative class and I say everyone at least once a year needs to take a course just to keep your skills sharpened.

2. 19shooter

19shooter

Been shooting for a few years but just took my first real class a couple of weeks ago. After spending years shooting down a lane at a stationary target it was a real eye-opener to shoot while moving and from all sorts of positions and distances. I loved it and can't wait to take another class. i think it is critical to train especially if you are going to concealed carry. I know I am much better equipped to do what needs to be done if it has to be done. It has has also changed the way i practice at the range even though I can't do much of what we were taught. I now always shoot one handed both strong and weak, and I practice double taps a lot more. Wish I had the time and money to take a class at least once a month!

3. kamonjj

kamonjj

Yeah classes really can make you realize your real limits. I know they always have for me.