close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firearm product placements in TV/Movies

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Evan N. Payawal, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Evan N. Payawal

Evan N. Payawal

Which firearm manufacturer do you think spends most on having their products placed in the movies and on TV?

My money would be on Glock. Maybe eight out of ten movies/TV shows I've seen has at least one Glock in it, if not carried by the lead character. Come to think of it, they even have their own magazine, and spend on ad space on many other major "independent" firearm magazines.

Excellent marketing.

2. bokbok_05

bokbok_05

3. isuzu

isuzu

The movie Mission Impossible as well as Die Hard used Berettas. The 2005 Glock Autopistols featured movies that Glock pistols were used as props.

4. toxic

toxic

ditto its glock..

what i dont get is, most villains use AK's;f

5. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Do you think Glock haggled and paid for it or was it the producers'/directors' choice because of glocks' business-like looks?

6. Kiddo

Kiddo

yeah it always goes like ak47s for the bad guys, MP5s and ARs for the good guys. ;f

7. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

sa pistols,

1. glock
    2. desert eagle
    3. 1911

8. isuzu

isuzu

Getting your products in movies is a very effective advertising medium. Especially if they work well. I think gun manufacturers lobby to get their products used to make them noticed.

Chevy Chase standing on an HK with the bipod extended, and opening a softdrink bottle with the wire cutter; Bruce Willis with his HK MP5 and Beretta in Die Hard (the Steyr AUG was shown also). The gold-plated Springfield Armory V12 and the CZ machine pistol that Nicholas Cage and John Travolta used in the movie Face-Off. John Travolta used a Beretta 93R in the movie Broken Arrow.

There was a story about Walther either suing or protesting to the director and producer of 007 movies. It happened when in one of the old James Bond movies, the Walther that 007 carried fired when it was dropped. According to Walther, it wasn't supposed to discharge the bullet since the pistol had a firing pin safety.

9. toxic

toxic

so thats what it is , i saw a re-run 2 days ago, trying o search wha kind of pistol travola use againts Slater inside the train.

thanks isuzu.

10. isuzu

isuzu

No problem, Toxic. I nearly bought one in the mid-90's. A friend offered me one of his 93Rs for P150,000.00 at that time, with license, one year to pay(it was very tempting)! Didn't have that much money - I settled for a PT-92 which my wife later "sequestered" from me because she liked it very much.;)