Glock Talk banner

Firearm prices coming down?

1959 Views 18 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  n2g
Just got this email.

Air gun Font Trigger Line Gun barrel
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
29,439 Posts
A month ago a site had it for $411. That site now has it at $511, so it may have been a pricing error. They honored it though.

· Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,932 Posts
Generally speaking, new guns are more reasonable than used on the BST sites. For some reason some folks still think they're used Glock is worth $700 when the LGS has new for $549-$599.

Police trade-in pistols are still great deals though (y)

· Supreme Member
4,566 Posts
Prices have been gradually coming down. They're better than they were this time last year, but we're still not back to pre-COVID prices yet.

· Registered
51 Posts
Purchased my first Glock few months back, a G19/5 at my LGS for $529. I was okay with that.
Was not really looking for a new pistol as the previous month bought a Shadow Systems MR920 Combat for just over $700, same store.

· NRA Life Member
7,268 Posts
Just ordered that gun (Hellcat OSP) for $464+$15 for shipping. So $479 delivered. Also ordered a Holosun 507k for it for $250. It would be great if prices would drop on ammo and components.

· Banned
18 Posts
I still see pre scamdemic $300 SD9s going for nearly $400.

Firearm sales slowed way down once the stimulus checks stopped being issued.
Lots of non-shooters and non-gun-owners wrecked the gun market in 2020 and 2021 when the stupid over-response to CoVid-19, ridiculous huge stimulus checks, and BLM/PANTIFA wrecked the country and scared everybody.

· Georgia gal
3,898 Posts
For some reason it's different here just recently.

Prices had come down a good bit, but from what I saw locally yesterday prices have risen again where I live. Yesterday I bought another Shield Plus while I could get the rebate. (For when a few of the grandkids turn 21; they like mine.) I got it at Academy Sports and the price had increased $30 from a month or so ago, from $499 to $529. I'd have thought they'd just increased the price because of the current $50 rebate, but I noticed their prices on some other handguns had also increased $20-30 from the last time I looked, so it wasn't just their Shield Pluses.

I've been in there so much the people at the gun counter recognize me now. 😂

Of course groceries and gas have gone up a lot, too, so it's not just guns.

Before I went in I called my favorite, and maybe now the only remaining, local gun store and their price on the Shield Plus is now $579. :( I don't know if they've raised their prices on other guns as well, but that's definitely a recent increase. There aren't many local firearm sellers where I live.

I had a $15 store coupon which I used at Academy and also got my usual 5% discount for putting it on their card (worth getting for the discount if you buy guns there), so those brought the Academy price down to $489. That was about as low as I could have bought one from online sellers after adding in a $30-40 FFL fee for the transfer, plus I got to inspect the pistol before deciding to buy it and got it on the spot. I have to pay GA sales tax either way. So counting the $50 rebate I got it for $439.

That isn't a bad price for the pistol, but that was after two discounts and the rebate.

They also had the 13-rd magazines for $37.50 before any discounts. As soon as the coupon they gave me kicks in in a couple of days, I'm going to buy an extra or two. They didn't have any of the 10-rd magazines in stock.

· Georgia gal
3,898 Posts
I based my post on gun show pricing, not the retail outlets. Gun show pricing is usually less expensive than a store.

I was just commenting in general. But retail prices had come down locally for awhile, but they sure seem to be up again now, at least where I live. I was surprised yesterday.

Revolvers are harder to find than pistols, too. I've been looking for a specific .38 spl to give to my daughter later and it's out of stock everywhere.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.