Firearm Foreplay?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by yesitsloaded, Oct 13, 2010.

1. yesitsloaded

yesitsloaded

Anybody experience it? I am just going through it for the second time.
    you work with someone to buy or sell a firearm for days even sometimes weeks and just when you get down to closing the deal - bam the other guy says sorry I've changed my mind.

So far for me its been two buyers, months apart, never so much has held the firearm in question, find, research and decide to buy. The price is negotiated, the time for meet or FFL information established, money sent, weapons sent or exchanged. One never shows for the meet but promises to call a soon as he can to make it happen, the other calls and says he heard some bad news from a friend about the gun (not THE gun, but one like it). All that time other real offers were basically told to go blow all because attention I was paying the offer I really wanted.

Don't get me wrong - there have been some great people here who are adults: they do what they say they'll do; when they say they'll do it by and life is great. I'm just tire of all the its marked SPF and should have been marked "I have no friggin intention to buy, I just want to know more about you and your gun, you life and how long I can play this game till I either sell this gun or really piss you off. "Hey, do you have any ammo to go with that gun too?

Vent-Vent-Vent

2. medic2258

medic2258

I have changed my mind during a deal when I get a bad feeling about who I am selling to. I called off a deal a few weeks ago when the buyer was starting to get very pushy about where he wanted to meet at. It set off alarm bells in my head. I asked him to meet at an FFL and he refused.

3. methodius

methodius

I have sold, bought and/or traded a fair number of firearms and accessories on the interent and various boards. I will say that I have never been stuck with someone else's problem/lemon gun or been ripped off. I have had people back out for various reasons and excuses and it is frustrating, especially after you mark it SPF and others were interested. Some people, I think, will say they want it on impulse just so they don't "loose" it to someone else then they later get buyers remorse or hear something bad about the gun or find something else they want more. There are legitimate reasons for backing out of deal, but - bottom line - people should hold to their word.

4. SPDMTL

SPDMTL

On first contact they have 48 hours to make the deal. If they don't----
    by-by. They're just a tire kicker anyway.