close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finding Glock Armorer

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ZekeZero, Jul 26, 2002.

1. ZekeZero

ZekeZero

So how do you locate a Glock Armorer in your home area? I'm in the Roanoke VA area (Blacksburg/Christiansburg would be ideal) and for the life of me and everyone I've showed it too I just can't figure out what's wrong with my 23. Something in the receiver is hanging the slide up about 1/8th inch out of battery.
    Is there a listing of glock certified armorers somewhere or do I just start calling gun shops and asking one by one?

-Zeke

2. G23NCB

G23NCB Armorer/Member

Go to glockmeister.com and click on (Find an armorer) and click on your state. As far as your problem It could be one of several things, Check your recoil spring for weakness or damage,The recoil spring tube could be damaged,or the mating surfaces where the barrel,slide and reciever could be dirty. I would clean the weapon good and replace the recoil spring with a new one and then fire the weapon again.

3. ZekeZero

ZekeZero

Thanks G23NCB,
    I've tried all that before. I got a bunch more really good suggestions from the guys on the board and none of them have panned out. I think somehow the triggerbar is messing things up so I'm gonna give a new one a whirl and if that doesn't work I'll need someone to look at it.
    Thanks for the glockmeister tip I couldn't find a list anywhere. ;)

-Zeke

4. mike4570

mike4570

Try going to the C&E gunshow in Salem this weekend(7/27-7/28) or the next show in Richmond. There are usually a Glock Armors selling at these shows. Also look up a GSSF match in your area.
    FWIW I had a similar problem with a G22 and it turned out to be the ammo although these rounds worked fine in a 23 and a 35.
    Lots of luck.

5. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Why don't you just replace that trigger bar that you screwed up with the Saf-T-Blok? They're just $14 from TopGlock and you can do it yourself in just a few minutes. Easy-to-follow, illustrated instructions are available at topglock.com.

6. ZekeZero

ZekeZero

Thanks for the gunshow update Mike. Unfortunately I just saw it today and can't make it out there.

Hey Walt, I was recommend to take it to a gun store owner in the area who apparently does a bunch of work on pistols. He was so baffled that I figured I should just swing it by an armorer if I could. Later that night I took another look at it and am nearly positive it is the trigger bar and ordered one from TopGlock on Friday. As well as a new locking block since mine is damaged (although probably not in a way that effects anything.) So with the new trigger bar I might even be able to use my stock recoil spring too. I'll make sure to let you know on Wednesday when I should get it in. ;)
    On the up side I'm kind of glad I had this problem. It's motivated me to figure out exactly how the glock operates. I think the only thing I haven't taken apart yet is the magazine release and the extractor (and I never would have detail stripped my glock before this happened.)
    Anyone know of any good websites that detail the mechanics of a glock firing? I wasn't able to find any so I just figured it out step by step on my own, but I'd like to double check.

-Zeke