close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Finding an FFL Holder?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by JimmyKumbaya, Apr 23, 2007.

1. JimmyKumbaya

JimmyKumbaya Cheese, Gromit!

Hi. I've been talking privately with a couple of helpful GTers about this, thought I'd post to the group, too.

How do I find an FFL holder in my area willing to accept a mail-order purchase/transfer? I don't know of any FFL individuals, just the local sporting goods store (which, BTW, wants $600 for a G26): certainly they'd have no incentive to work with me, right? After all, they want to sell me a handgun directly (for a handsome profit), not earn a much smaller fee for simply handling the transfer. Am I missing something here?

The only other option (that just occured to me) is to query the president of the gun club I'm a member of, to see if there's an individual willing to handle the transfer....

Thanks for any pointers,

2. Jdogg037

Jdogg037

i can't sem to find the link, but once upon a time i think i gooogled FFL dealer (your state), and it showed me a listing, with milage from me, the price they charge, etc.

you may be able to do the same for your area.

3. ar15ed

ar15ed

go to gunbroker.com, and click on "for buyers". it will have a key for "find an ffl dealer". you can type in your zip code, and it will tell you all the dealers they have listed in incremental distances from your location (closest first). it also has their contact info and the amount they charge to handle a transfer. finding a good dealer is the key to happy internet sales and buys! if you develop a relationship with a decent dealer, it really eases the stress of the whole process, especially when you sell/ship one out of state.
    good luck!
    ed

4. Jdogg037

Jdogg037

ahhh very well could have been where i found it. I got lucky and a friend of a friend is one, that hooked me up well.