close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally!! (VMIIs)

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Warp, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I ordered a couple of Milt Sparks Versa Max IIs on August 30. They just arrived today (March 5). :supergrin:

They quoted up to 6 months, IIRC, which is almost exactly what it took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Very nice, congrats. I haven't seen too many wheelguns in VMII's.

3. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nor have I.

I am very curious to find out how well it carries. A 4" GP100 isn't really meant to be carried IWB and I have never attempted to do so (didn't have an IWB holster for it) but if there is a holster that can do it this just might be it.

Still, I am rolling the dice spending that money and using one of the two holster limit.

I made sure to get the other one for my G26 which is by far and away my single most preferred gun.

4. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

The only problem I could foresee is the balance. It looks like a lot of the weight is above the belt line. Use a quality gun belt.

Good luck. Let us know how it carries for you.

5. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Judging by looks the gun's mass rides a little bit lower in the VMII than in my leather OWB holster for it (Simply Rugged Tribute) so I don't think that will be a problem.

I will update after some time. For each.

I mostly use a beltman (www.thebeltman.net) 1.5". :)

6. cmcinc

cmcinc

Congrats, I have 4 VMII's for different guns and they are always worth the wait.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  7. madmike3668

madmike3668

Congrats! I am jealous. I ordered mine at the beginning of November and can't wait for it to finally get here. I know it will be worth the wait. But damn 6 mos. seems like for ever.

8. larson1122

larson1122

Very nice looking holsters, congrats. I'm still waiting on a holster from Andrews Custom Leather myself.

9. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

After some time to use them I am satisfied. They are pretty comfortable. For the G26: Compared to my CTAC (prior G26 holster of choice) the ride height is a little higher (vs where I set the comp tacs, anyway) and therefore concealment isn't quite as good, but it seems more comfortable and I like the greater security provided by the default belt loops.

With the comp-tacs I always seem to have one of them slip off the belt during movement or when practicing drawing. I've even had a comp tac holster come off my belt with the gun when practicing a few times. I doubt that will happen with the VMII.

As for the 4" GP100...it is comfortable enough to carry for the day but concealment kinda sucks. That gun/grip is just so damn big, as soon as I bend over or even lean forward a little the grip sticks out something fierce. (untucked T-shirt)

I just called Milt Sparks and ordered another one for my G21SF.

10. 4Rules

4Rules

Your Hogue Monogrip is larger than many other options.

If you're serious about carrying the GP concealed, consider Eagle's Secret Service grips.

<http://www.eaglegrips.com/guns/Rosewood-Smooth-Secret-Service-R.html>

11. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think I'm more serious about using Buffalo Bore loads without pain. ;) I'll either carry it concealed with heavier clothing when it's cooler, realize that it will print from time to time or carry it openly/OWB in my Simply Rugged Tribute.