close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally, taking my CWP course this weekend!

Discussion in 'Carolina Glockers' started by Chucktown Mako, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Chucktown Mako

Chucktown Mako G23

Taking my CWP course this weekend! Been waiting 3 months for this particular 20hr course. The 2 people I had taking it with me dropped out. There is no way I am waiting. Been very anxious for the past 2 weeks.
    Just had to share!

2. BadAndy

BadAndy

Good luck!

My Dad and I took it on the worst possible day last November. It was FREEZING and we got stuck in a tin building with no insulation and a heater than ran out of fuel too soon. Well worth it though!

3. rns-glock37

rns-glock37

good luck. now the hard part is coming-----the wait. it will take every bit of 90 days so don't get impatient. oh and remember the wally walk when it comes. keep us posted.

4. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

So, how did it go?

5. Chucktown Mako

Chucktown Mako G23

Class went really well. There is usually a 3 month wait for this class. 2 of my buddies who were taking the course dropped out. There were three others who dropped out at the last minute or didn't show up, so I was the only one there!! Finished most of the course in 1 day. Passed the written test with 48/50 questions. Got 50/50 on the shooting! Pretty happy with my results.
    This was my first firearms course and very impressed with what I learned.
    It was supposed to be a 20hr course including the CWP cert. Since I was the only one and they said I was a quick learner, they only had to show me something once and I got it.
    Was supposed to bring 800 rounds for the course. Precaution for the slow learners and inaccurate shooters. I only shot 200 rds + 50 for the CWP test.
    They ran me through different scenarios, clearing buildings, corners, night time tactical drills. I would definitely recommend the course for anyone, not just for CWP cert.

6. Chucktown Mako

Chucktown Mako G23

Oh, Glockrunner...
    Want to say thank you for the recommendation. Jon was very thorough and patient with me throughout the course.

7. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Well, I knew he would be. After all these years, I learned a few things too.

I feel safer knowing we have another responsible CWP holder walking the streets here at home. Welcome!