Finally solved in issue with my cloudy windshield......

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Detectorist, Jan 23, 2020.

1. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

Those days are long gone. The cars and the oil aren't what Dad dealt with. I remember plugs, points, and condenser every 2K miles, and if you didn't you would be walking. Plug wires and distributor and cap at 5K. You might or might not be walking if you skipped this one. My dad made a decent living off people skipping these procedures.
    The auto came with a book, it will have change intervals. If it is under 10 years old, it probably has an oil life indicator, that requires no effort on your part. I was able to adjust, but many aren't. I grew up a bit of a gear head as well.
    Not to worry, it's your money to waste and you don't seem to be one of those ecoterrorist sorts.

Hannie Caulder and Joshhtn like this.
  2. powernoodle

powernoodle

This is excellent stuff, used by the pros. Dries a matte finish. Use inside and out of the vehicle.

3. wyntrout

wyntrout

I've been using synthetic oil since the 70's and Slick 50 oil additive almost as long. My filter is supposed to be good for 20K, the Mobil-One oil 15K, and the Slick 50 helps all of that.
    I usually change every 6K by the manual, but I put all of this stuff in March of last year and have only gone about 9K miles. I just completed a 4K+ trip and looked at the oil before leaving. It was pretty clean and still is on my 120,634-mile GMC Savana... 5.3L AWD. I think that I will change the oil and filter before my May trip of about 1,700 miles...maybe.

4. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

That is good glass cleaner. during my brief stint in auto glass we used PROGRIP. that stuff was remarkable, I believe I have a can left, but cannot find it anywhere. I think you need to order it thru a distributer.

5. 63Bravo

63Bravo

Keep doing it.
    Oil is cheap.
    The same people that tell you that is too often also say newer engines don’t need to be warmed up... in other words they don’t know what end of a screwdriver to hold onto.
    Yes.. I am a certified master technician.
    Yes I have restored many muscle cars.
    And yes I have built dozens of racing engines.

Hannie Caulder likes this.
  6. DaveD

DaveD Ex-Mod Moderator Millennium Member

I have a friend that owns a commercial window cleaning service. They use Dawn dish soap.

7. nerr

nerr

He IS real. Thanks. (Love that M&M's commercial).

LostinTexas and Hannie Caulder like this.
  8. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

You have your oil changed and wiper blades changed every 3k? Is this once a year?

I bet your mechanic likes you...