Finally. Purchased My First Glock.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by meager, Feb 12, 2010.

1. meager

meager

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love it.
    I seem to be shooting high tho. I haven't had a chance to do any real target shooting, just shooting at a milk jug out in the back 40.. Any ideas on what I can do to correct my high aim? (other than aim lower) I dont know if there is any easy fix. I have only shot it 10 times so it may just get better with time.

2. CC Glock

CC Glock

Congrats on the new glock. Put some more rounds through it and see if its still shooting high then make the call. Maybe some night sights.

3. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

Nice gun and congrats. Get some instruction from a professional, it's worth it's weight in gold in the long run. In the mean time, get a good two handed (thumbs forward) grip, both feet about shoulder wide apart, knees bent a little and point the weapon straight out at your target.

Top of the front sight should be exactly even with the top of the rear sights as you take up the slack and press. Should start hitting point of aim.

Good luck on your shooting.

HR

4. meager

meager

Thanks a TON for the pointers! I am looking forward to a 100-200 round day soon! Anyone have a favorite defense round? The fella at the gun store sold me on a box of polymer tipped Hornady.

5. mhw169

mhw169

180 gr Federal HST, Winchester T series or Speer Gold Dot will be your best bets. I pefer the HST right now, but then again thats what my Dept. gives me for free, and free is nice!!