Finally purchased a G43

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jdavionic, Apr 13, 2018.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I posted another thread soliciting input on reliability from G43 owners. Yesterday I finally made the purchase. I haven't shot it yet, but will do so this weekend. I have a Beretta Nano that is my current pocket carry 9mm. The Nano has been finicky on ammo. It's fine with +P or high end carry ammo. However any kind of range ammo and it has issues. And my reloads cannot exceed a certain length.

The G43 is slightly longer than the Nano; however the same Remora holster fits both guns.

Can't wait to visit the range this weekend!

Thanks for the input on reliability!

dugansduece and Jimmy Jesus like this.
  2. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

Congrats! I love my 43!
    BtW: These are at Tango Down, Inc.
    Price for Black base kit is $10.95
    And they work!
    Vickers Tactical +2 Magazine Extension for the Glock 43 VTMFP-006 43
    • upload_2018-4-13_18-0-41.png
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    $10.95 — $12.95
    • COLOR
    QUANTITY:
    Now available in Glock Gray, Battlefield Green, Glock OD Green
    Glock Tan Coming Soon!

When Glock™ recently released the long-awaited single stack 9mm G43, shooters everywhere rejoiced. Finally, the Austrian brand had a truly compact concealable pistol that could be worn comfortably anywhere, anytime. The upside is the G43 has all of the features you’d expect from Glock™.

The downside is – it’s almost too small. For shooters with medium to large size hands, the pistol grip is just too short, forcing a finger or two off the weapon when firing. Not the best form to control a 9 x 19 mm defensive handgun cartridge accurately. The 6 + 1 ammunition capacity wasn’t exactly confidence inspiring either.

The fix just arrived. Vickers Tactical™ & TangoDown, Inc.® announces the +2 Magazine extension for the Glock G43.

Injection molded of the same durable material used in the magazine body itself, the extended floorplate shape was designed to comfortably accommodate a proper firing grip. With 2 additional rounds on board, ammunition capacity is now 8 + 1 in the weapon. Also included is a new longer, smooth feeding heat-treated stainless steel spring, with 100% last-round slide lock backs that are guaranteed.

The VTMFP-006 43 +2 Magazine Extension consists of Extended Floorplate, Floorplate Retainer and Stainless Steel Spring. Kit converts 1 Glock™ magaizine.

Fits Glock G43 model ONLY

• Extended shape allows proper firing grip
    • Longer stainless steel spring guarantees 100% last round lock back.
    • Increases magazine capacity to 8 rounds
    • Available in Black only
    G43 +2 Schematic

OA Length: 5.75″

Weight: .04 oz

Made in USA

3. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

4. kyjd75

kyjd75

Congratulations! I have carried a 43 for awhile now and it is one of my favorite Glocks. Shoots great, extremely reliable and so easy to carry. I have added Trijicon HD sights and generally use a couple of Taran Tactical +2 magazines, which I have found to be 100% reliable so far. This gives me 8 + 1, which I feel is enough for basic self defense.

DDIEM1717 likes this.
  5. TeaDub

TeaDub

Nice.

Now in retirement, the 43 is my most carried gun. After having a few reliability problems with the Pearce +1s, I spent some time with the flush mags. I trained and now I prefer them exclusively.

Love the short grip for when I pocket carry. They also lock in nicely for follow up shots. FWIW, I also prefer the bantam grips on my J-frames. They fit my hands tucking my pinky.

cousbud and Lawdog3 like this.
  6. kyjd75

kyjd75

I also had some reliability problems with the Pearce +1 extension, which is why I switched to the Taran Tactical +2. So far no problems with them.

tic-tok-GLOCK and Lawdog3 like this.
  7. Wetrudgeon

Wetrudgeon

This is interesting. We added Pearce +1 mag extensions to the flush fit before we ever shot our G43 and have had precisely zero malfunctions of any kind through hundreds of rounds. Our G43 is a very good shooter and easily the most convenient carry piece we own.

We trudge on.

Lee Courey, SLY-GUY and jimbojdb1 like this.
  8. openbolt

openbolt

I bought 8 additional magazines for a total of 10 mags for my Austrian G43. I installed Pearce +1's in nine of them. I have fired a couple thousand 124 grn FMJ reloads as well as a couple of hundred factory hollow points to include Fed HST's, Rem Golden Sabers, Speer Gold Dot's and a few boxes of Rugers sintered Philip screwdriver headed looking bullet and some Cor-Bon hollow points.
    The thing is... I've never had even one problem feeding-firing-ejecting-extracting any of the above ammo.
    What exactly is the issue with the Pearce plus 1 replacement floorplate folks are having problems with?
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.

openbolt

Re: picture,
    I took a belt sander and ground off the lip of the Pearce plus one extension for carrying in my IWB rig. I'm very pleased with that little mod.

Attached Files:

Rajeev, Earl Smith, st2012 and 2 others like this.
  9. kyjd75

kyjd75

Good question. I installed the Pearce +1 on each of the magazines that came with the pistol. On one of them, when shooting 147 gr rounds, the last round would consistently hang up and not feed. This did not occur when shooting 124 gr rounds. I ordered a couple of TT +2 complete magazines and they handled both the 147 and 124 with no problems. So I decided to just use the TT +2 magazines and use the Pearce +1's only at the range.

10. yep380

yep380

Congrats on G43, I like mine a lot.

You know what works great? A G43 with stock mags. You start using mag extensions and it *might* work great. It might work with round nose ammo and not hollow points. It might work for a while with all types of ammo, but not when you need it the most... but those stock mags, they'll keep on working.

Rock your GLOCK stock.

Buckeye63, JBL13, azmtndg and 6 others like this.
  11. porschedog

porschedog

OP, welcome to the 43 Club.

I run Pearce +2s and I have an ETS 12 round “happy stick” in the car (the 43 is my car gun). All good so far.

12. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

Everyone has opinions about the Magazine's. I've been running the ETS 7-round flush magazines with the gee plates on them with zero issues. I also run the 9round magazine with the X grip extension with zero problems. I also run to Vickers to round extensions with zero problems. If you feel like trying a aftermarket magazine just make sure it works before you trust your life to it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

G19 fan and Chickenmax2 like this.
  13. GlockyQ

GlockyQ

Congrats on your G43, jdavionic.
    I love my two Austrian G43s. They are slim, light and super reliable sub-compact 9mm pistols. I’ve shot almost 17K rounds through my first G43 and over 0.7K rounds through my second G43. My first G43 only experienced a couple of malfunctions (with Freedom Munitions reload when I limp-wristed while shooting one-handedly with my weak hand). My second G43 has experienced no malfunction so far.

If you are going to use any aftermarket magazine extensions, be sure to test them toroughly with your own gun by actually shooting at least several boxes of your actual carry ammo. Depending on the combination of a particular gun, individual magazine(s) and ammo, the mag extension(s) of your choice may or may not work reliably.

My favorite magazine extensions are MagGuts and Pearce +1, both of which have never caused any issue while shooting over 1K rounds of my carry ammo (i.e., premium JHPs). I trust them with my life and the lives of my loved ones much more than I trust a taxi cab in big cities.

G19 fan likes this.
  14. tc scout

tc scout

I have carried a 43 for over 1 year, 250 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. I installed Talon grips (all my Glocks have them) night sights and a LW trigger. My factory trigger was not smooth at all and would bite into your finger. Very happy with it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  15. hurley842002

hurley842002

Congrats OP, I recently picked up a G43 (foolishly sold the last one I had) and sold the Shield 2.0 I had been using for carry. Another +1 for the Vickers extensions, Rockyourglock.com has them for $9.95, they are local to me, so I was able to save on shipping. Using the Vickers on my backup mags, and the Pearce +1 in the pistol, I'm able to match the capacity of the Shield, although I'm considering magguts to achieve the capacity in a flush fit mag.

snowbird.40 and GlockyQ like this.
  16. hurley842002

hurley842002

That looks great! I think I'll do the same to mine, as that lip has kind of bothered me aesthetically speaking, and my medium sized hands don't require it. Thanks for sharing the pic. I don't have a belt sander, so it may take me awhile lol.

17. McGillicuddy

McGillicuddy

Congratulations on your purchase. I'm really fond of mine. Shoots like a bigger pistol but slim and reliable. I have to have complete concealment at work and I couldn't hit a barn at 10 feet with that junk box LCP I had

18. Don-H

Don-H Previously DonHommy

702FDE2C-7078-4A61-BA90-F866DEB2B313.jpeg 14C5606D-4242-4F17-BE41-4F78A8C1306B.jpeg E3270B15-026B-4A8C-9F2F-E05D4B9E958F.jpeg 14C5606D-4242-4F17-BE41-4F78A8C1306B.jpeg Congratulations
    It's a litter powerful 9mm very impressive
    I have my 19g5 and my wife G43 both enjoy the range together
    Here's pics of you can do

19. Lawdog3

Lawdog3 “Fast is fine but accuracy is final” Wyatt Earp

I think you made a great decision. The Glock is far superior to the Nano in my honest opinion. Good on you bro! I'm not bashing the Beretta line of guns they are fine but, in the pocket size 9mm I think you made the correct choice. Happy shooting.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Packin mama and StockGlockJock like this.
  20. walkin' trails

walkin' trails

My 43 has less than 1000 rounds down the pipe. It has been reliable thus far. I would recommend that you make sure its cleaned and lubed before going to the range for the first time. I have played with Vickers +2, Pearce +1s, and an ETS 7-rounder. So far, haven’t had any problems with them, but most of the time carrying the 43 as a BUG, I stick with the stock 6 rounders. When Wolff gets around to offering extra power magazine springs for the 43, it will only increase the reliability of the extended capacity magazine bases.