Finally got to spend some quality time with a Glock 43

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock-O-Rican, Aug 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Glock-O-Rican

Glock-O-Rican

I am still on the fence after today spening about 2 hour withh a friend at the range with his Glock 43. My impressions are as follows:

43 v/s 19 as follows:

43 is thinner.

43 hand grip is thinner, and shorter.

43 over all is a tad shorter.

43 & 19 both shot about the same by me at 5, 10, and 25 yeads. But at 25 yards the 19 was tighter.

I honestly like my Gen 3 19 feel in hand better than the 43 that to me is more abrasive.

May still pickup at Blue 43, but honestly I am in no hurry.

All this ws with 115 GR FMJ Winchester Value packs.

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

[​IMG]

Is this a 42 or 43? Google says it's a 43 but it looks too small?

3. norton

norton

I find the 43 to be a real phizzer to shoot well. Need more practice with it.

4. deathpriest

deathpriest

I picked up one that I haven't shot yet. I does feel really comfortable and aim is very natural.

5. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

I have to put a lot more finger on my G43 trigger but find once I got use to it that it shot find and is Glock reliable. Also put Pearce +1 extension mag base plates on.

Truth&Balance likes this.
  6. GregP220

GregP220

I've always shot the 43 by itself until today. Today, it was accompanied by 2 G17s and a G19.

The bigger guns are much easier to shoot fast and well. I still turned in some respectable drills with the 43, but I'm glad the weather is turning to fall and I can easily carry the 19 or 23 again.

G36_Me likes this.
  7. glide

glide Just sayin'

The Model 43 is a winner for Glock. I am on the fence in owning one but I will get Glock 26 to replace the one I regrettably sold years ago in the near future.

8. druryj

druryj

A stated above, the Glock 43 is a winner, and thats for sure! I took my Colt LW Commander in .45ACP, my Gen 4 Glock 19, and my Glock 43 to the range this past Saturday. Shot the Colt first, then the G43, and finished the day with the G19. After the recoil of the .45ACP, the 43 felt like a .22 in comparison. The 19, last in the line, was ridiculously soft when I shot these three guns in this order. I guess my point is the Glock 43 is not hard to shoot at all, for me anyway. And I mean to shoot well, not just pulling the trigger. The biggest complaints I have heard from a few people in regards to the 43 seems to be that the capacity is only 6+1 and that the trigger reach isn't long enough for them...well, duh. It's a small pistol; get a bigger gun then. (And learn to put your shots on target maybe?) Anyway, I have big mitts and find that with a little practice, I got used to the ergonomics of the Glock 43 quickly. It is now the pistol I most often carry. I have complete confidence in it, I'm cool with 6+1 and a spare mag, and man oh man, does it ever carry easy! Don't get me wrong, I really, really like my Gen 4 19 and my Colt LW Commander (and my S&W 642 which fills a specific, yet limited, role) but the G43 does everything I need; and is everything I want; for a defensive pistol about 95% of the time. I may holster up with either the Colt or the Glock 19 today just because I can I suppose, but that little powerhouse Glock 43 is darn sure a winner in my book and if that was all I had for a carry gun, that would really be satisfactory...most of the time. (Dang, after all this praise about the Glock 43, now I have this urge to carry the .45ACP Colt today just cause I have one and just cause I can!) LOL!

9. Truth&Balance

Truth&Balance

This^^^. Found I was pulling my shot's down to left. Tried using more trigger finger with the Pearce +1 mag extension which brought my shot's back to center. It's definitely a work in progress.

10. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Hogue Handal JR.\, but be careful when you put one on as my first one split.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. HGxyz

HGxyz

Same, except for the base plates - I like the short grip.

12. bac1023

bac1023

I've had mine since April and I'm definitely a fan.

13. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

As previously shared. I got one for the wife in April, for her to use as well as her G-17, we took it with us on vacation throughout the southeast and had GNS put on it at Glock inc, in Smyrna. Well fast forward to today, she (wife), shoots and likes her G-17 best, and wanted to slip an old .25 auto into her pocket for her daily walks, instead of the G-43.................(I know, I know, G-43 beats an old .25 auto any day) but she is happy, and I now have a G-43 to play with. I went to the holster box and started to play around, and will put a few down range on Thursday. I am sure it will not replace my EDC G-27, but it should be fun to play with.

14. silversport

silversport

I'm with you...haven't felt like replacing my G26 as yet but my G43 is very nice...with my hand and finger size, I find the flat bottom magazines work best for me and other than the trigger being far heavier than other GLOCKs I own, it is very accurate and no worries shooting 124GR standard velocity Speer Gold Dot...

I will say it does seem to carry easier than my G26 and is certainly lighter too...good luck with your experience cadillacguns...

Bill

15. 25signal

25signal

G43 seems to fit easier in the hand and belt