close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally got to shot my glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by NLong, Apr 13, 2012.

1. NLong

NLong

ive had my glock for about a week now and not got to shoot it till this morning when i was walking my dog's and a coyote was in the road about 25 ft away just so happen i had my glock 22 w me and decided today would b a great day to shot my new gun didn't disappoint me 1 shot 1 kill a real accurate gun will definitely b getting another glock

2. roadkill46

roadkill46

as an avid predator hunter(over 30 years, and that's all i hunt, no deer, elk, etc. just mountain lion, fox, coyote, bobcat and a few more we have in AZ) (59 dogs last year) and only one shot with a handgun my whole life, .40 and it was just plain dumb luck that it made contact on a double tap at 50 paced yards on the way back to the truck since i had unloaded the AR, pure luck. IMO the coyote isn't just going to stand in the road and let you shoot him especially if you had a dog with you. if your dog was on a leash and in your dominant hand you would have to change hands with the leash, draw, aim pretty well for a 4" kill zone on a coyote (depending on big, big is a 6") and fire. that would take an ample amount of time and that dog would be in TN by then. if your dog was not leashed, it would take an amazing amount of training to get him to stay by your side while a coyote was in the middle of the road (trust me they don't listen when a wild intruder is around). 25' at a 4" diameter paper plate, standing, whatever grip is a hella shot. not that i don't believe you, i'm just saying it is not probable.
    makes a good story though.

3. MikeG36

MikeG36

roadkill, Texas Gov Rick Perry took one out with a Ruger LCP in .380 link

When I was a kid I took one with a single shot from an H&R single action .22 LR revolver. (I was camping with my friends when I was in high school when a coyote came upon us.) That was a lucky shot but I took him none the less.

OP, Nice shooting. I believe you because I've been there myself. Congrats on your G22!

4. NLong

NLong

something was wrong with the coyote my dogs seen it then i did it was just laying is some weeds and wasnt even paying attention to me and withn 10 sec of seeing it i fired once at it hitting it in the back of the head i also have photo's of it shot it with a hornaday crititcal defense hollow point

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  5. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Why did you shoot a coyote who was "just laying in some weeds"?

6. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I wished that I lived in TX. I'd vote for him.

7. NLong

NLong

because ive had 3 calves been killed by them in the last week the a menace to all the livestock around here

8. Roger H

Roger H

roadkill46 wow so you shot at least 1 dog a week for a year avg. Is that you work in oregon we have people that are are certified by the state to trap or kill cougars .

9. roadkill46

roadkill46

ok totally different situation now, something was definitely wrong with that dog and i'm glad you shot it. as for my dog count, that did not include the bob's and fox that fur sold at auction. I'm in AZ and travel the state hunting with buds from everywhere and on my own. you can never count on getting one all the time, last time out was 3 weeks ago and i got a triple, 2 full growns and a pup. even though we can hunt the disease infested, calf eating, elk depredating, not to mention all the ground birds that they eat year round. i quit the first rattlesnake i see and i saw one last week crossing the road so that's it for me. have not harvested a mountain lion but i do have a tag with my license at all times ($15 OTC)
    Was the coyote tied to a tree for Perry to shoot it? there are lucky shots all the time, we javelina hunt with handguns but they are close and a scoped .44 or 10mm is the way to go during the H.A.M. season on javies.
    Deer have been killed and are still killed with well placed .22 shots, although i think unethical it is still done, that's like taking the 800 yard shot at an elk when you are only competent to shoot out to 300, people wound the animals all the time.
    I know the luck with the handgun having luckily taken a dog with my XD but pure, pure luck. Anyway enough preaching, as long as you took one of those calf eating critters out, great (although 3 have taken it's place already) but it seems you live in farm country so you know that already.

My AR's and .308's do a lot of barking October through 1st of April. Now Jan Brewer signed the hunting with suppressors is legal and there is now no round limit in rifles, could only have 5 before, due to all the violence on the border where i hunt. so now 20 rounders go hunting, with 4-30 rounders for SD if needed.
    Back to Glock.................................................................

10. roadkill46

roadkill46

Perry had a security detail....i'm sure they carried a lot bigger guns that his .380! Ever see the Ruger laser in sunlight? you can't at more than 10 yards, inside and dusk is another story but in the sun, forget about it. Not an issue i guess the Gov shooting within city limits and within 1/4 mile of an occupied dwelling as no report was filed. Would love to be an "exempt" citizen. but i'm glad a Republican was exercising his 2nd Amendment rights.
    "On this particular morning, Perry said, he was jogging without his security detail shortly after sunrise.