Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for grins I stopped by one of my local dealers today. It was on the way back from the Post Office anyway so I figure what the heck. He had a Sig P250 in stock, older style grip and he was asking $659 for it. Guess he doesn't know that Mark at Summit Gun Broker has the newer style P250's in stock for $359, oh well, he was only $300 bucks too high,LOL.
Anyway, back to the gun. Felt pretty good in the hand, trigger pull wasn't all that bad, kind of long but not really all that heavy and as normal per Sig Smooth as can be. All in all not a bad little gun.
I also took another look at the 8040F Cougar that he's got in. He has the price down to $350, might be able to sneak it out the door for $375 or so, just need to see what I can come up with.
He also had an older Beretta 92 in stock, asking $699(ouch!) and funny thing was that the mag release was on the left side base of the grip, I thought the older ones were like on the P38 but maybe I'm wrong. The safety was in the normal place for a Beretta, i.e. on the slide in the standard 92S style.
Anyway, that's about it, just wanted to file a short report for ya'll. :supergrin:

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess they see the name Sig on a gun and just figure it's a $600+ gun. They don't know that the new crop of Poly Sigs are more in the $400 range I guess.
The price on the used Cougar actually is more in line with what it should be. If I got one of the LEO turn-ins from Mark it'd be $365 out the door if I used Tabor's as my local FFL($22 transfer+$10 TICs fee) so if I could get a "Civilian" 8040F for $375 that'd be a decent enough deal.
I think you're seeing why it's hard for me to buy local. The three Pawn Shops that are in town are generally always over priced and sometime it borders on the ridiculous like with the P250.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing I did learn was that the grip on the Cougar and the 92 are so close it wouldn't make much difference for CCW. Yes, the 92 is longer but I'm pretty tall so that's not as much of a factor as the grip. So, if I can find a decent 92fs for a reasonable price I could be as happy with it as with the Cougar for HD/CCW

·
Registered
126,160 Posts
One thing I did learn was that the grip on the Cougar and the 92 are so close it wouldn't make much difference for CCW. Yes, the 92 is longer but I'm pretty tall so that's not as much of a factor as the grip. So, if I can find a decent 92fs for a reasonable price I could be as happy with it as with the Cougar for HD/CCW
The 92 is a great pistol. :)

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P250 for $659 :shocked:...wtf. Maybe for the 2sum setup I can see it .
Nope, just the one P250, old style grip and it even looked like a used gun too. Barrel had some of the bluing wore off of the side of it where the locking block part of the barrel was.

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
Nope, just the one P250, old style grip and it even looked like a used gun too. Barrel had some of the bluing wore off of the side of it where the locking block part of the barrel was.
With the older style grip , you would have upgrade it to the new grip just to use the new mags.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave's Pawn Shop here in Crossville,TN.
I use to deal with them all the time when Dave ran the place but once his boys took over the business you didn't get any more good deals or fair prices on your trade ins, place went totally to heck.
Here's another example, Used Taurus PT101, 40cal, they're asking $399. That gun should go for about $300-$325 out the door all day long.

I tried to tell you guys about the situation around here and firearms prices when some of ya'll were telling me to "buy local". It's just really hard to do with such high prices.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just talked with Derick at Dave's Pawn Shop. The P250 is new and comes with 3 mags. Best Out the Door price he could give me was $668.50, wow, such a deal. This has the older style grips too so mags would probably be a lot harder to find then the newer style. I'm telling ya'll, this is one reason why I'm not "into" guns anymore, it's just hard to find a good deal on anything around my area.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Geez, that is crazy. If you can get the older model SIP P250 for $300 then get one...as long as you understand the issues the gun might have (both quality wise and parts wise). Otherwise get a new one.

I really do like the new system. In fact I think it will really have an impact on the future of modern polymer pistols. Having a firing mechanism that can be separated from both the body and slide really opens up new doors.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
If I ordered one from Mark at Summit Gun Brokers and paid Tabor's Gun and Pawn their transfer fee I could get out the door with a new model P250 for $409. Talk about a price difference.:wow:

I'm surprised that the Beretta 8040F Cougar is still sitting there. It's marked $350 and he started telling me that it'd be $394 and change out the door then I reminded him that a month ago he told me $390 out the door. I told him if I could get it for around $375 out the door that we may talk about it and he told me to just bring him in some cash and we'd talk so there's that to think about.
I'd still rather have a 92FS if I can find one though.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Dave's Pawn Shop here in Crossville,TN.
I use to deal with them all the time when Dave ran the place but once his boys took over the business you didn't get any more good deals or fair prices on your trade ins, place went totally to heck.
Here's another example, Used Taurus PT101, 40cal, they're asking $399. That gun should go for about $300-$325 out the door all day long.

I tried to tell you guys about the situation around here and firearms prices when some of ya'll were telling me to "buy local". It's just really hard to do with such high prices.
Figures it was a pawn shop but I was at a gun show a some years back and a vendor was selling Glock 17's for $699 and while everyone else was around $500 to $550.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I've bought my share of guns from Daves in the past. I always got treated fairly and got some pretty good deals. But then again, it's been 8 years since I've lived in Crossville.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've bought my share of guns from Daves in the past. I always got treated fairly and got some pretty good deals. But then again, it's been 8 years since I've lived in Crossville.
Dave's has changed a lot since Dave retired and let Lynn and Terry run the business. In fact, I don't even see Lynn at the Crossville location anymore. They must be at the Cookeville location now. Derick runs the gun part of the business in Crossville from what I've seen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts