Finally got the G27 to the range.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by boomhower, Mar 12, 2010.

1. boomhower

boomhower

I've had my G27 for a little while now and finally got a chance to get it to the range. Overall I'm pretty satisfied, shot it pretty much the same as my G22. It is a jumpy little sucker though. Definitely not a range gun to me. After about 50 rounds I was ready to put it away and start back with it's bigger brother.

I was also looking forward to some quality time with it as well. I have always had issues with pulling my shots to the right. I finally figured it out. Before all of my shooting was at work which is always timing qualification rounds. I have never had time to go slow and really pay attention to trigger feel and what the gun was doing in my hand. All we have to do is get it in the 8 ring for maximum points so it wasn't affesting my scores. Anyways, after my first shot the gun is jumping in my hand a bit and the rest of the shots are basically being pulling with my tip finger joint. I tried everything I could think of and couldn't fix it. Looks like I need some grip tape. Recommendations?

Overall I burned around 250 rounds without a single issue. Most of it was 180 grain Federal FMJ. A few mags were some 155gr Federal JHP's I got for free from a buddy. It is true what I have read, the lighter loads are snappier. Also went through some Winchester JHP 165gr as well. Overall I am thoroughly convinced 180gr is the load for me. Even though I have never shot one I am thinking of picking up a 9mm at some point for a range gun. After a while the recoil can get a bit tiresome but it would be range only, everything else will stay .40.

I also learned an important lesson today. In ear plugs don't work worth a damn at an indoor range! Definitely going to have to invest in some over the ears before my next trip, have to find some more ammo first.

2. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

I like my 27, I have small hands and agree it can be "jumpy"

3. sig freak78

sig freak78

I shot about 50 rounds out of mine and loaded it for carry. Shoots to poa at 20 ft and thats fine for me.

4. mymini40

mymini40

Love my G27 for the same reasons you do.

5. liljojo4711

liljojo4711

im completely happy with my 27 as well. i only shot about 50 rounds since i got it last week but it was a blast.

6. modelflyer2003

modelflyer2003

I use both foam ear plugs and ear muff kind combined when I am at the indoor range. I have to protect my hearing, because I already have asymetric hearing loss (one side and want to keep it like that). Wear both, as it can't hurt you. I usually shoot alone, so hearing someone else talk is not much of an issue. Glad to hear your range report on the Glock 27. I thought about the 27, but bought the 26 because the price of ammo. I know (now) that after market barrels are available to shoot 9mm from the G27, but I had my heart set on the Glock 26, and have no regrets.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  7. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

wwaaayyy too snappy , jumpy, whatever for me, i sold it and got a g26 now i love the sub glocks.

8. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

All .40 ammo is snappy !
    Because its loaded to +P already, last I read.
    That's why factory .40 is not used in competition shooting.
    Competition shooters reload their own .40 ammo, with less gunpowder, so its easier to control.

That's where the .45 and 9mm have a advantage, over the .40.
    They are available in more varieties, recoil-wise.
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

9. den888

den888

Thanks for the range report !

10. boomhower

boomhower

I have thought about it myself but I have to carry .40 at work so I may as well get used to it. Plus having interchangeable mags is nice. It's accurate as can be, just not fun to shoot. The G22 is still fun to shoot but a bit of a handful after a couple hundred rounds in a day.

The ones I used weren't foam. Next time your at walmart take a look at what they have, I used the blue winchester ones. I have used them in school and at work at outdoor ranges and they are fine, indoor not so much.