close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally got around to it. The 25 cent trigger job.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SouthernBoyVA, Jun 21, 2012.

1. SouthernBoyVA

SouthernBoyVA

After years of putting this off, for whatever reason and I don't know why, I finally performed the famous 25 cent trigger job on both of my gen3 G23's. The first one I did was my #1 G23... the one I carried for 4 1/2 years. I noticed VERY little difference with this gun because it had been fired many times and dry fired thousands of times.

However on my #2 G23 (I bought it as a backup for my #1 should I ever have to use that one and it is taken for evidence), the difference was quite noticeable. This gun probably has less than 200 rounds through it so the polish job definitely was an improvement. Next up, probably today, is my gen3 G19.

So gentlemen, detail strip those babies, use a quality polishing cream and either a Q-Tip or a Dremel (I use both), and polish the requisite parts to a mirror-like finish. A half hour well spent.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Not surprised you didn't notice a difference with the first one, but glad you see a difference in #2. I polish all mine right after I bring them home.

Some also polish the entire firing pin safety and extractor plunger.

3. SouthernBoyVA

SouthernBoyVA

I've done quite a few mods to several of my Glocks over the years so I am quite familiar with tearing them down and doing all manner of things to them. But for some reason, I just never got around to doing the simple and basic polishing job. Can't explain it.

What I did was the obvious. Polish the head of the safety block, the striker lug, the cruciform, the trigger bar safety block cam, the trigger bar side that rides along the frame's inside surface, the connector, and the trigger bar protrusion that contacts the connector. Such a simple and actually a rather pleasurable job. The metal parts shine up really nice and gain that smooth feel to them.