close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally! Got a G17, G26 & a Mossberg shotgun

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Pirate, Feb 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Pirate

Pirate

Finally did it, got ourselves a Glock 17 (mine) and a Glock 26 (wifey's) as well as a Mossberg 88 (that looks exactly like the 590A1 #51683 COMPACT in http://www.mossberg.com/pcatalog/Law.htm except that mine has an additional Ventilated Heat Shield). The Glocks and shotgun are for home defense.

Anyway, my q's are:
    Where Metro Manila can I get great prices on accessories for those stuff? I'm looking for night lights for the three (and obviously mounts as well), and silencers for the Glocks.

I bought 1,000 9mm Armscor rounds to break-in both Glocks, and 300 Armscor 12ga. rounds for the Mossberg shotgun too. Is the ammo good enough? Is the number of rounds enough? I understand that reloads are a no-no for my new firearms.

2. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Final Option in Makati Cinema Square in Makati or Greenhills.

You can readily mount a white light unit to your G17 but not on the G26; the latter having no rail accessory. Glock has their own brand of white light but Streamlight's M3 or M6 (with laser) are okay too.

I suggest night sights for both your Glocks.

3. 9MX

9MX Rei!

its too much! gimme some;f

you can use reloads on your glock provided you do a bullet gauge first;)

4. Pirate

Pirate

Thanks for the reply. On another forum, it was said by a cop that night sights are nice but not really useful in firefights. Another said that night lights are great because you can rapidly turn them on/off for easy ID of target, but really throws off the weight distribution of the gun, and is hard to holster. The best (and cheapest) option is thus to have a complementary Luxeon-LED flashlight... (gripped with the weak hand and flashing light forward, with the weak hand under the wrist of hand with gun and in cross-formation).

What do you think? Or should I go for the mounted laser-lights instead and impress the bad guys? :D :D :D

5. Pirate

Pirate

NEWBIE ALERT!!!

Ok, so what's a bullet gauge sir? :)

6. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Interesting. I just bought the same kind of shotgun - Mossberg Maverick 88 - from Paltog.

Am still waiting for the transfer/permit documentation to be completed so I can't bring it to the range/fire it yet (legally).

Paltog told me there is a good guy at Stronghand in Q.C. who can tailor shotgun loads to whatever level of power/number and size of pellets you want. I intend to get that guy to make some special low-recoil indoor defense loads (I intend my wife and daughter to be ready to use the shotgun too, especailly when I am away from home.)

Let's stay in touch and compare notes on our Mossberg Maverick 88s.
    Mayor has one too.

7. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

I dont gage my ammos for my glocks. Still it shoots w/o any hiccup. it feeds on ammos that jams on other guns. Thats glock reliability. And its legendary.;)

8. trozau

trozau troy ounce gold

Congrats! Good choice on the Glocks and Mossberg. I also have a Mossberg 500A Defender chambered for 7 + 1 12 gauge 2.75 in or 6 + 1 12 gauge 3 in shot shells for home defense. Love my full size G17 but find the G32 compact size and G36 slim profile to be the ideal size for my hand. :cool:

9. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

You can gauge your ammos by taking out the barrel and dropping the catridges in one by one. Try to see if they fully drop in without a hitch.

You really need to change the stock sights of the glock because they are made of plastic and can easily get damaged or even fall out.

10. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Pirate,

Ditch the laser/light attachment, use the money on practice ammo.
    The cop you mentioned could have a point. nights sights are "nice to have" just in case you remember/or has acquired the habit to use your front sight in an encounter, the latter i guess would be developed with practice.

For bullet gauge, cheapest way to do it is to use your barrel. otherwise get one made by dillon at stronghand

Putok-Glock

Lucky you! I have to pistols, a CZ85B and a G17.when i gauge, rejects from the glock barrel still fit that of the cz. good thing Judge uses the EGW undersize die:cool:

11. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

I read something like that years ago, something along the line of "..if I cannot make out my standard sights, then it may very well be too dark to properly identify the target". Makes sense, but you'll want to change your stock sights anyway and night sights are excellent tools to establish correct muscle memory while practicing your aim in the dark.

As far as gun-mounted lights are concerned, I don't believe it will alter the gun's balance to the point that it will adversely affect your aim at combat distance. Solution would be to practice in an indoor range with all lights off. Me and a couple of BOGs tried that a couple of times and the smoke generated by gunfire would be the biggest concern. Handhelds like the Luxeon line of Surefire are complementary implements to your arsenal rather than a substitute to gun-mounted lights. These are handy as impact weapons, especially when attached with impact devices. Practice shooting it like the way you described it, i.e. Harries technique.

12. vega

vega

i don't think P-G uses reloads that's why his ammos are all reliable. He have a G35 which I think uses factory barrel so based on mu limited knowledge of the 40S&W, he cannot use the same brass for reload.

Well P-G, do you reload?

Pirate - Congrats on your new tupperwares...er I mean hardware.;)

vega

13. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

While we're at it - anybody with a shotgun for home defense , have you attached a flashlight/light to it?

Most forums indicate it would be a good idea.

Myself,I have been thinking instead of putting in a universal-lights-on-switch in my bedroom. So ALL lights in the house go on when I flick it, from INSIDE my bedroom. With any luck, the burglar will leave, probably quickly. If not, I will be able to see him. (A neighbor of mine has installed a very loud school bell in his house - well, whether all lights go on, or a ridiculously loud schoolbell wakes up everybody in the neighborhood, the idea is to shock the SOB into leaving , so there will be no confrontation.) even if i blow the SOB to hell, the legal aftermath will be very messy and expensive, and local cops/fiscals can be really extortionistic about these things.

14. Pirate

Pirate

That's a great idea!!! I've thought of that before for my house, but kinda forgot because that project was supposed to be an add-on to the projects I gave my house electrician --but whom I wasn't very impressed with.

It's supposed to turn-on all lights in the house, as well as external flashing blue-and-red lights, and very loud piercing alarms. It's supposed to alert the neighborhood as well as the village guards. I think that will deter any burglars or kidnappers looking for easy prey... except assassins of course.

I believe in having this alarm option, more than the choice of spending time to open the safe and then playing the very macho game of seek-and-destroy *inside* my house. Don't get me wrong, as I'd have no regrets in lobbing three grenades in the general direction of the bad guys even if it meant destroying my very expensive Home-Theater setup as well as the French windows, but it's just that I'm always looking for other options.

Our Glocks and Mossberg are the last options only, when everything else has failed. Fighting like a cornered rat.