close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally! Got a doe, yesterday, make that... a buck?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by onemilmhz, Nov 2, 2003.

1. onemilmhz

onemilmhz Ten Ninety Five

Finally shot my first deer three weeks into the season. It came from directly behind me and I couldn't get around to make the shot so I let it pass right underneath my stand. I just knew she was going to hear or smell me before I could get the angle. I thought at first it was a big doe. She was headed to our clover patch down in front of my stand about 100 yards. I let her get about twenty-thirty yards from my stand and let out a whistle to get her to stop. She had been walking straight away from me leaving only a head shot or bad angle on the vitals but to my advantage she stopped and turned just enough for me to hit her behind the right shoulder with my .243 Remington 7400. She went about 50 yards and crashed right in front of the food plot. We got down to her and were all commenting on what a good sized doe she was until we flipped her over and noticed a little "extra equipment"! Upon further inspection we found that it was in fact a buck who's antlers had been broken off, either sparring or rubbing we figure. The bases were very small suggesting inferior genetics for its size. Warning! Attachment contains dead deer pic! ;f

Edited to fix grammatical error!

2. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Great shot! Defiantly good to get that one out of the gene pool! ;P

3. mattyk6

mattyk6

The same thing happened to my dad a few years back. He had gotten drawn for a doe tag and on the last weekend of the season, we spotted three does in a group, he picked out the biggest one and shot. We rolled her over to start the 'real' work and we noticed something extra. Looked at 'her' head a little closer and you could feel two little nubs that were like they hadn't broken through the skin. They were just two little mounds.

It was pretty odd!

4. Bob

Bob G23/C,G24/C,G33 Millennium Member

My nephew did not leave much doubt about this one....

5. onemilmhz

onemilmhz Ten Ninety Five

That's the kind of deer I dream about! I have a speacial spot picked out over my fireplace for my big buck when it finally comes.

6. MyT-FastDog

MyT-FastDog

I think I saw that same deer last night...Just before I woke up;f

7. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

This one was taken by a friend of a friend no more then 10 miles from where I hunt:

8. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

This one was taken last year by a friend near the Michigan - Ohio line: