Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a super rare model, but In Glock collecting the 2nd gen 19C has alluded me. After almost 2yrs of on again/off again discussions with the seller beginning at $800 I finally bit and bought it for $550 (+ $25 FFL transfer fee.)

It’s pretty dirty, has some slide wear and upgraded sights. Otherwise seems original. Original box although the original label is covered with what may be a distributor or rebuild label. Seller forgot the mags but is going to mail me two 10rds (which is correct for this gun, CBS-prefix.) Original paperwork and a loader should be easy enough to find for this vintage. Came with a dirty cleaning rod and brush.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Congrats!!! Unlike most of my collector Glocks, this one has become a favorite shooter of mine.

·
M62/76
12,540 Posts
Always feels good to finally get one you’ve been after awhile in the stable. Congrats

·
troy ounce gold
1,461 Posts
Why would 10 round mags be correct for that gun? I don't think I've ever seen a Gen2 w/10rnd mags.
CBS prefix puts it within the 1994-2004 Clinton ban law when the max capacity was limited to 10 rounds.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. Once it’s completely restored (and I’ve had a chance to test it) I’ll update this thread.

BTW, what say the collectors regarding which series manual and loader would be correct for a CBS-prefix? I’m thinking a 1996 manual and 483 loader?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
CBS prefix puts it within the 1994-2004 Clinton ban law when the max capacity was limited to 10 rounds.
While that may be true, lots of Gen2 Guns shipped during the early years of the ban with standard cap mags. Even some early Gen3 guns shipped with standard cap mags. I don't remember seeing 10 round mags until well into Gen3.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone have a complete similar-prefix (CBS, sometime in 1996 I believe) Glock that could confirm the manual date and loader style? This is the latest Glock in my collection that I am trying to complete so I don't have anything to reference. Thanks

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glock confirmed the production date to be February, 1997. Interestingly they thought it was a Gen 3 because apparently their records don’t indicate generation, and the prefix is right on the cusp of Gen 2/Gen 3 production. This would make sense though because Glock never designated hardline generational changes until Gen 4, at least as far as I’ve read.

·
Registered
129 Posts
While that may be true, lots of Gen2 Guns shipped during the early years of the ban with standard cap mags. Even some early Gen3 guns shipped with standard cap mags. I don't remember seeing 10 round mags until well into Gen3.
My gen 2 19c also came with a 10 round magazine CHW Prefix.
My gen 2 23c came with a 10 round magazine as well CFK Prefix

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks everyone. Once it’s completely restored (and I’ve had a chance to test it) I’ll update this thread.

BTW, what say the collectors regarding which series manual and loader would be correct for a CBS-prefix? I’m thinking a 1996 manual and 483 loader?
That's what my thoughts are. Can't confirm never seen a complete set.
Congrats on the find!

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
483 marked Loader, depends on your Glock, my CUG prefix G2nd Gen G-23 came with 3 13 rd standard mags, but then again it is Blue Label LE, and the magazines said LE/GOV only.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I may actually have a 1996 manual somewhere in my gunroom, and a 483 loader should be easy enough to find.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts