close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally done!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by tnoisaw, Nov 22, 2006.

1. tnoisaw

tnoisaw

I finally got around to making my Concealex holster. I’m trying not to put my shoulder out of its socket by patting myself on my back too much but I like it. It’s comfortable and fast to draw too.

Concealex is much harder to work with than Kydex I found out. It has to be heated at a higher temperature to make it workable and hardens very fast.

I put a Tek-Loc belt retainer to hold it on which works great. It does hold it further out from your body which makes for a faster draw too. It may be a disadvantage for CCW but I’ve not had any problems. I like less of a rake than many. I made mine around 5-7 degrees. It also prints less than my other OWB. The grip shows less print wise.

For those who know me from other gun forums I’m bragging on all of them so this may be a repeat for ya. Just put up with me and say, “Yes Tony. Looks nice Tony. Okay that’s enough Tony.”

[​IMG]

2. sharpstick

sharpstick

That thing looks like crap.....everyone is thinking it im just dumb enough to say it.

LOL im playing man it looks killer, it makes me want to give it a try.

3. chicane

chicane

What advantage are you achieving with concealex? (compared to kydex)

Looks pretty good. Did you mold the belt loop and holster out of one solid piece?

I've been playing with Kydex lately, and have found the thicker stuff is very easy to work with.

4. tnoisaw

tnoisaw

The only advantage with Concealex is the imitation carbon fiber finish. It is harder to work with compared to Kydex. I used a Tec-Loc for the belt loop.http://www.knifekits.com/store/s-pages/kk_store_1mainframe.htm?kk_products_sheath_main.htm~smain

5. Xrunner

Xrunner Running Man

6. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Holster Maker

So, how much are you asking for it?:supergrin:

This is the "Want Ads" where you sell things.

I'm pretty sure you wanted this post in the "Carry Issues" section.

Steve

7. tnoisaw

tnoisaw

Actually I did intend to post in the general section but confused myself with the "holster" part here. I'm on so many gun forums sometimes I forget where I am.

But... I would sell this one for $60.00. I would sell a Kydex holster for (50.00) but Concealex is not only harder to work with but more expensive for the material itself and the Tec-Loc's aren't cheap either. The Concealex looks sharp too compared to a Kydex black.

I can make others in different colors too such as olive green, silver, desert tan, gunmetal, blue and orange. The colored one's are made of Kydex so would be 50.00 with a Tec-Loc belt retainer.

Let me know if anyone is intrested. I made it for a Glock 23.