close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally broke the 210 mark

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Swattie, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Swattie

Swattie Cry Havoc

I have been trying like crazy to break 210 on my weightloss and have finally done it. Been trying for over a month. I hit that plateau and nothing. I weighed myself monday and was 209.5. Not much past 210 but I did it. It should be easier now. I am sure if I quit weight training and stayed solely with cardio I would show faster results, but I am building strength too.

My diet is great too, no refined sugars and limited white flour products. I try to stay with whole grains, fuit, veggies, and protien.

I was at 225 trying to either get to 190# or (if I am above 200#) no more than 15% body fat.

2. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Great job!!!!!

I am currently trying to break the 200 lb mark, but am working up, not down.;)

Keep up the good work!;f

3. Swattie

Swattie Cry Havoc

Less cardio and more strength training will help you acheive that. Also try to eat more HEALTHY CARBS. Not junk carbs.

4. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Yeah, I think I have it down.

I started at a weight of 140, so I think I'm doing something right. ;)

5. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

You can have 80 of my pounds.:)

6. walangkatapat

How tall are you?

7. notoriouskeef

notoriouskeef Keef

Great job man, keep it up!

Matt

8. Swattie

Swattie Cry Havoc

5'11". Also about 18% body fat and i can bench over 250#. Not so much concerned about weight though as i am about inches. I want to get back to a 34 inch waist. I am at 37.5 inches now. I started at 41 inches.

9. walangkatapat

We're about the same height and 190 would be a great weight to be at. Myself I'm trying to get down to 220 this year, but 190, I haven't seen that weight since 92 and that would be my ultimate goal.

10. Mud

Mud

Hey man congrats and keep it up, it sux when your not seeing results but once something happens its a huge boost

Im gunning for 190 going up like the other poster hahaha im 6'1" 178 right now

maybe well meet in the middle somewhere then its time to party hahaah

11. Accord

Accord

Great job. I just recently lost 80 pounds to be able to join the Marine Corps so I know what you're going through.

Weight lifting is essentially to any fat loss program because the more muscle you have, the more fat you'll burn. As long as you keep your calories in check you don't have to worry about gaining weight or slowing down your progress by weight lifting.

A good rule of thumb is that for a weight loss program you should be taking in approximately 10 calories for every pound that you weigh, so if you weigh 210 then you should be taking in about 2100 calories per day.

12. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Fantastic news. You should be very happy with your ability to keep it together. I won't even tell you my current goal... It is a lot higher than your starting point..

The good news is that each of my last visits to the doctor show my blood pressure / weight / and sugar level lower than the last. My guess is that my IQ is also dropping at that same rate... ( just a hunch) but I can still operate the washer and microwave and program the dvd recorder ... so I am ok for now.

13. Swattie

Swattie Cry Havoc

I am now over 210. (215):frown: However on the brighter side :supergrin: I have gained inches in my chest and biceps and lost inches in my waist. I guess it all turns out good but still it would be nice to get to 195.

Guess I could stop with the heavy weights and just go with high reps and lower weight (I got to lug around an additional 60+ pounds on SWAT so no weights at all is out of the question.)

I will toy with my routine and find what works well. I already stopped creatine and protien shakes to get rid of bulk.

14. DBradD

DBradD

Wow! That is awesome. I'd be thrilled if I gained a few pounds and then measured a smaller waist and larger arms and chest unless I was trying to make weight for a contest. I hope I can post something similar soon. I just started a higher calorie diet in an attempt to gain some muscle.

DBD

15. Swattie

Swattie Cry Havoc

Calories do not build muscle, they build fat when they don't get used up.

Try protien shakes and Creatine. These build muscle. Good luck.

16. DBradD

DBradD

My current experiment is the ABCDE (so called "anabolic burst") approach that CalJack alerted me to a couple of months ago. The idea is to alternate short high calorie periods (with heavy weight lifting) with short low calorie periods (less weights and massive cardio), in an attempt to break/avoid plateaus. As I read about it, it made a lot of sense to me. I've kept my protein at 30% of my calories, which puts it at 240g/day. I am closely monitoring bodyfat percentage, measurements, etc. I'll report the results after a few cycles.

I'm finding the higher calorie periods to be less fun than the low cal ones, believe it or not.

DBD

17. Swattie

Swattie Cry Havoc

Dammit! I hurt my back and couldn't work out for over a month. Now I am at 214. Makes you mad when you lose all that accomplishment. I WILL get back on track and fix this.

18. Sulaco

Sulaco Guest

KSSWATCOP, I am right there with you. I am 6' tall and a little over a month ago I weighed 256lbs. I am now down to 237.5 and rapidly losing. It is seriously melting off. I cut all carbs and sugars and have been on basically protein and veggies ever since. Water only and I am averaging around 4 lbs a week. I started running last week and strained my calf muscle. I went from 237.5 back up to 241 in three days but this morning I was back down to 237.5. I also started walking this morning and think I will do that instead of running from now on. I want to get to 2 miles a day five days a week and down around 200 lbs. I don't have far to go. I don't carry a lot of weight on a regular basis but I do backpack some so I may throw a pack on pretty soon when I walk. Oh, I started at a 42" waist and am down to a 38" now. My pants look like clown pants!

19. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Good for you. Keep up the good work. I eat and drink what I want. Just work a little harder to keep the flab off. \

ps
    Get Big or Die Trying!

20. sgtslwilson

sgtslwilson

This really encourages me. When I was in the Army I went into basic at 137 pounds (I'm 5'11"). When I got out of basic I weighed 182 pounds and stayed there for years. A week ago I weighed in at 255.

I was getting so fat I decided to try LA Weight loss. I have been doing it for a week and I have lost 10 pounds already. It's been really tough but "do-able". I am at 245 now with a goal of 190.

Keep up the good work and wish me luck.

Lance