close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally broke down and bought........

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by jmatteau, Mar 4, 2006.

1. jmatteau

jmatteau

A Canon EOS 20D. I love this thing! I also got a Canon 580EX Speedlite, Canon bag, 1 Gig Professional CF card and a few other little goodies. I can't wait for better weather:cool: :cool:

2. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Canon rules. I went from a 300d Rebel to a EOS 10D and just recently a EOS 20D. 30D is out on the market as of a few weeks ago. I see no compelling reason to sell my 20D though. Same sensor and minimal upgrades. I like the larger LCD though! What lenses do you have?

3. blinkin357

blinkin357

The 20D is a great choice. I bought one last June and have over 9,000 images on it so far.

The options are where the real dollars are. I'm looking at a $400 EF-S 60mm macro and $1,410 EF 100-400mm IS lens right now. I just bought a $132 TC-80N3 remote-timer so I can release the shutter without touching the camera plus time-exposures and various sequential shots. I'm experimenting with a Circular Polarizer now.

I tried a $30 Wal-Mart tripod and the plastic head broke off. So I bought a $500 Bogen/Manfrotto 458B NeoTec Pro Photo Tripod with 322RC2 Grip Action Ballhead. This is such a nice combo.

I'm going to have to buy a larger gadget bag since I have too much stuff to fit now.

4. chip00

chip00

5. Kinny

Kinny

Awesome camera! I love mine and it has been treating me good. :cool:

6. glocka

glocka

:cool: I also picked up the 20D for my wife.What I like about it is that her lenses from her Canon 35mm also fit the 20D...:outtahere:

7. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

Great camera! Congratulations on your new toy. I bought one over a year ago and have not regretted it one ounce. Now the fun will begin when you wnat to buy lenses, if you thought shooting was expensive, wait till you some of the prices for lenses, especially "L" lenses. I will say they are worth it though. One lense that I would recommend is the Canon 50 1.4, a really great lense that takes great pictures for the fraction of what a "L" lense would cost. Also, check out this forun for info about Canon cameras and other stuff, a really goo site.

Canon Forum

8. glocka

glocka

:cool: Thanks Nicky D.My wife is enjoying the 20-D and producing some very good pictures.And thanks for the heads up on the Canon 50 1.4.We've begun planning for the next 3 lenses and yes what a surprise at the cost of the lenses.For myself,I picked up the Canon Power Shot S2 IS.Great little camara.I've been introduced to the Canon Forum already,because of the fabulous information we have on this forum.It's neat how the Canon Review section helped me fine tune my S2 IS,for optimal performance and the pro and cons of the camara. :) Eventually I hope to share my picture of my 1st lake trout,half as long as my body...I know we both will enjoy taking pictures this spring...Enjoy and thanks again.