close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally back into the world of Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by The Montanan, Jun 22, 2002.

1. The Montanan

The Montanan Psalms 23

Well it's a start anyway from what I had before. I have owned several Glocks in the past and had to part with my last G-22. I can say NOT AGAIN!

Traded out an FEG P9R 9mm for a used G-22 with a hi-cap mag. The G-22 is in great shape with one exception, the hi-cap Glock mag does not want to drop free with rounds in it. It seem's like it is bulging and causing it to hang up.

Can't wait to get back into the swing of things ;j

2. TheMan

TheMan DO IT!!!

My 22 hicap does the same thing.;g

3. The Montanan

The Montanan Psalms 23

What I'm going to do is buy 3 drop free mags for the IDPA matches that I attend, and then just carry the hi-cap for CCW carry ;j

4. ForGreatJustice

ForGreatJustice

Here's an interesting thought:

In the course I took from John Farnam, he taught that you never drop out your magazine until you have another one right up near the gun. This habit is ingrained so that you do not accidentally jettison your last magazine and end up with a fairly useless gun, should you encounter more ammunition (say, from a partner). While the likelihood of this situation is rare, if you're using a non-drop free mag, you can kinda grip your reload mag in the standard way, and use your middle finger to rip the old one out after you have pressed the mag release. This adds a negligible amount of time to the reload sequence.

5. The Montanan

The Montanan Psalms 23

ForGreatJustice - Went out today and practiced with my G22. My friend had my old Beretta 96 that I sold him a few months ago, he could not believe the differance in shooting the Glock vs the Beretta. The Glock was a winner hands down.

Tactical practice drills of mag reloads we great as you say, the hi-cap just pops out a bit making that tactical reload easier since the mag does not drop to the ground, which in IDPA would cost me points anyway.

The hi-cap mag only has the snagging/snug problem when fully loaded. The hitting of steel plates in rappid sequence was a snap as follow up shots were easier aquired with the Glock than the Beretta. My buddy asked my how this could be.... I just smiled and said, "Welcome to the World of Glock!" ;f ;f ;f