Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been with out a heavy hitting hand gun for a while (too long ) I generally carry when woods bummin. In the past a revolver has been my go to carry gun. As I get older lighter compact is getting more appealing. In an auto 10 mm is the only senseable cal. . After much research a glock 20 was the obvious choice. My lovely wife bought me one for my birthday. . I am here for tips, fine tuning and reload information . For pistols I have XD40 Keltec P32 Ruger SR22 and a scoped Chipmunk single shot .

·
20,732 Posts
I have a G20SF and I absolutely love it. Most ammo is not loaded to the 10mm's full potential. The best full-power ammo in my opinion is the Sig V-crown 180 grain JHP 1250 fps 624 ft/lbs.

For woods ammo I carry the Underwood 220 grain hardcast flatpoint 1200 fps 703 ft. lbs. The only change I made to my gun was to put a Lone Wolf standard weight recoil spring with a stainless steel guide rod and it works perfectly with any ammo I've ever tried in it.

Some people like a heavier spring for the underwood, buffalo bore and Doubletap ammo.

Another thing I've discovered with my gun is that the Glock 20 will chamber and fire the cheaper 40 S&W ammo reliably and accurately. At first I was uncomfortable doing that and got a 40 S&W for it but now I don't bother changing barrels anymore.

Welcome to GLOCK WORLD!

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,804 Posts
Enjoy GT.............:welcome:

·
Eternity: Smoking or Non-Smoking
2,784 Posts
Welcome aboard the 10mm train!
G20/G29/G40 MOS

·
Life is good