Glock Talk banner

Finally added a G20sf Gen 3 to my collection

502 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  glockandgroovin'
About three months ago I began looking for a Glock 20, well, just because I just wanted one. The local gun shop had the G20 and G20sf under the glass so by comparison the 20sf fit my small to medium hands quite well. It went home with me the next day. I also picked up two boxes of Hornady Critical Duty 175gr, and 1 box of Remington UMC 180gr MC at the same time. A few days ago I found that Cabelas had ten boxes of Sig Sauer Elite Performance 180gr FMJ. So I bought a box because I liked the specs on the box and figured to give them a try.

So far I've only been able to run a magazine of the Remingtons through the gun and as I thought, they were very nondescript rounds. Accuracy, at least for the one magazine, was nice at ten yards though.They just felt very soft through the gun. Back in the Day I had a S&W 610 with a six inch barrel and I remember that I didn't feel comfortable with the recoil of the 10mm through the gun. Now I really regret selling that nice revolver.

In any event, I look forward to gathering a few more boxes of different ammunition and then I'll head to the range for comparison and accuracy shooting. I'll probably add some Buffalo Bore and Underwood ammunition to the mix.

Scott
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,100 Posts
About three months ago I began looking for a Glock 20, well, just because I just wanted one. The local gun shop had the G20 and G20sf under the glass so by comparison the 20sf fit my small to medium hands quite well. It went home with me the next day. I also picked up two boxes of Hornady Critical Duty 175gr, and 1 box of Remington UMC 180gr MC at the same time. A few days ago I found that Cabelas had ten boxes of Sig Sauer Elite Performance 180gr FMJ. So I bought a box because I liked the specs on the box and figured to give them a try.

So far I've only been able to run a magazine of the Remingtons through the gun and as I thought, they were very nondescript rounds. Accuracy, at least for the one magazine, was nice at ten yards though.They just felt very soft through the gun. Back in the Day I had a S&W 610 with a six inch barrel and I remember that I didn't feel comfortable with the recoil of the 10mm through the gun. Now I really regret selling that nice revolver.

In any event, I look forward to gathering a few more boxes of different ammunition and then I'll head to the range for comparison and accuracy shooting. I'll probably add some Buffalo Bore and Underwood ammunition to the mix.

Scott
Good grab! The G20 is on my list of "need to have" guns. Perfect field companion here in the states as it should be able to take down any walking creature that exists here in the U.S. Some buffalo bore ammo is a good choice for some hot and heavy loads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.