1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
MacGyver
8,498 Posts
wrong forum

·
Registered
442 Posts
Good choice for entry level AR. Mine has been great and will accept any upgrades you deem necessary or wanted. Considering one could spend thousands with this platform Sport 2 is a great option. Hope it serves you well !!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good choice for entry level AR. Mine has been great and will accept any upgrades you deem necessary or wanted. Considering one could spend thousands with this platform Sport 2 is a great option. Hope it serves you well !!
Thanks for the kind words! I'm so excited to go shoot it, do you have any mods you can recommend that you'd deem necessary?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many, me included, think this is the best entry priced AR. Pre panic they were $500. Mil spec enough in dimensions to take accessories. Reliable. Trigger is better than my 6920. It's plenty of gun.
Very glad to hear it! The salesman sold me the sighted version for the same price as the one without. Very happy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
@StinkDoo before you do any more mods, shoot a few hundred rounds through it and see how you like it. It could save you lots of potential $ wasted. Also, if at all possible, leave it the way it is, and run a carbine course with it. The course will help you find weak spots in your set up, if there are any. Good luck and enjoy your new rifle.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@StinkDoo before you do any more mods, shoot a few hundred rounds through it and see how you like it. It could save you lots of potential $ wasted. Also, if at all possible, leave it the way it is, and run a carbine course with it. The course will help you find weak spots in your set up, if there are any. Good luck and enjoy your new rifle.
Okay, I will definitely consider some courses. I like to think that I can figure it out by myself, but with something like this, definitely couldn't hurt to hear from the pros lol. Thanks for the advice brother

·
Registered
123 Posts
@StinkDoo taking a basic course can help you get better in general. Not knocking what you know, but I took a beginner carbine course and it was fun. Plus I learned a few things along the way. Helped me get better with the rifle. Plus you can meet like minded folks that have knowledge as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@StinkDoo taking a basic course can help you get better in general. Not knocking what you know, but I took a beginner carbine course and it was fun. Plus I learned a few things along the way. Helped me get better with the rifle. Plus you can meet like minded folks that have knowledge as well.
That sounds like something I'd be interested in. Thanks for sparking the idea :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
M&P Sport II. Excellent entry level gun. Most of my guns are all what would be considered entry level, and I don't care. They run well, shoot accurately enough for what I want.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thanks for the kind words! I'm so excited to go shoot it, do you have any mods you can recommend that you'd deem necessary?
Haha...I won't corrupt you this early into your purchase ! I've done stuff for desire and NOT need. Shoot it awhile and research all the countless Mods you can do in the meantime. You'll figure out what you want to do. It's a fine Rifle out of the box, but you can drop a boat load into it if you're so inclined !
Have fun with it.....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts