close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally able to test reloads

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by davesretired1, Mar 16, 2010.

1. davesretired1

davesretired1

Finally had time to get to the range and chrono/accuracy test the .45 ammo I reloaded. I hadn't reloaded for several years so I was anxious to run these through my Mod. 30. I used Hornady XTP 200 gr. HP/XTP bullets, 5.0 grs of WST powder, Winch. LP primers and once fired Federal brass ( this was the last of three test loadings, and was the best ). The range was 25 ft, and it was approx. 72F with no wind. If the picture attaches ok, you can see the 5 shot group was around 7/8ths of an inch using a sandbag rest. Not bad for someone collecting Social Security in October!

2. tjpet

tjpet

I use the same load but with 200grn. lead SWCs.

WST makes target shooters out of all of us - it's that good when used in the proper application.

I'm ten years away from my first government wine check but am looking forward to the day.

3. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

4. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Nice shooting. And, welcome back to reloading.....

5. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Welcom back, but I got to recommend not coming to the reloading section of the forum. It will quickly ballon that post count into the 3 and then 4 digit realm.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  6. fredj338

fredj338

WST is my fav accuracy powder in the 45acp. The XTP has always been a good bullet for accurate loads. I'm not much for accuracy testing closer than 15yds though. It just doesn't tell me much about what the load/pistol & shooter can do. Now back that target off a ways & let her rip.

7. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Do it standing on your hind legs at 25 yards with the gun in one hand and a cigarette in the other. (Isn't that how we all learned to shoot? :whistling:)

Jack

8. kshutt

kshutt

Dave,

Did you photoshop the powder burns, or just use a light solvent and cloth on that target? Just kidding....... I usually do load testing at 10 yards, though. Nice little group! :cool: