close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally, a little bit of good news for me

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GlocknSpiehl, Feb 28, 2010.

1. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member

Thanks to all for their kind words earlier. I know have a second, real, parttime job to help makes ends meet. :wavey:

Back history: I work in Nuc Med and my company, thanks to Congress and Obama, cut us from 3 FT and 1 PD to 1 FT and 4 PD positions.

I am still waiting to hear back from my applications for nursing degree, but got real lucky. A company asked my wife for info on how start a CEU program for a certain type of medical professional. She, in turn, asked me to look into it, with only 12 hours notice. :wow:

I took the time to put together a PPT presentation on what I could find in that short amount of time, augmented it with my knowledge of how it works in my specialty, and then met with the CEO of the company. The 30 minute meeting lasted for four hours and I got a job out of it! :cool:

He was impressed with what I did on such short notice as well as the suggestions I made for him regarding marketing. Unfortunately he does not have the budget to hire me FT, but I am the new Communications Manager for his company! Sixteen hours a week to start, but if things take off I could move to FT! YAY!

2. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL

3. jpa

jpa CLM

congrats and now time to start saving for ammo and guns to celebrate.

4. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

Glad to hear you got some good news. :thumbsup:

Give that adorable puppy of yours a scratch to celebrate.