Finally. A good deal at Gander.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Oldschooltube, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

I finally got a good deal at Gander Mountain today. I was able to get 3 sets of reloading dies from Hornady for 9mm, 10mm/40, and 223/556 for under $100. They were completely wiped out of powders and primers but there was still some new brass on the shelf.

If you're looking for dies now is the time to hit up Gander before they're gone.

ithaca_deerslayer likes this.
  2. Tony Kansas

Tony Kansas

I got a great deal at Gander back in Jan 2015 at the one in St. Louis. Sig M400 Magpull Edition cerakote. They were no longer going to carry that particular one so I got a killer deal. Way way below MSRP and about $100 lower than it would go for at most normal gun shops if I were to order it. Rare deal. I also got $50 off Eotech XPs too with a deal they had.

Rare but there are deals if you're lucky. My parents gave me $250 towards the Eotech too. Because you NEED a premium optic for your AR.

3. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

I got a crossbow case, rifle case, and sling at their going out of business sale a few weeks ago for a total of $60 which is pretty good. Their normal prices are crap.

4. plp

plp

I totally screwed up, had a 1942 SKKY M-39 mislabled as a M-44 for 179 bucks. I should've jumped on it with both feet, but didn't.

However, karma rewarded me a few months later. A VKT in much better condition, 1938, a true Winter War rifle, showed up at the same price. I snagged it and resold it the next day for 600 to a guy that had it out on the radar for over a year. He was almost in tears at how good the condition was.

KBKEITH likes this.
  5. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I bought some crap there on sale. Including normally $25 sunglasses. CRAP bows broke after couple of uses. IN THE DAND CAR. Just putting them on, off not a dozen times..
    Stuff always overpriced. But this crap

6. Tony Kansas

Tony Kansas

Then again I've had a pair of Oakleys I bought for $175 that only lasted me 2 years and I didn't abuse them or anything. most of the time they sat in the car and wore them while driving. After 6 months the sides would snap loose. I bought a pair of Ray Ban and so far so good other than a couple scratches from my dog on it.

Anything off brand at Gander I wouldn't trust.

7. KBKEITH

KBKEITH Problem Solver

I have a VKT and Sako. Both are in excellent shape. I've only shot the VKT and boy does it shoot well. The M-39s are fantastic rifles.