close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Final Orlando match results

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TatonkaJack, Feb 27, 2007.

1. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

Any word on when the final results for the Orlando match will be ready for posting?

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

If I were a betting man I would say within the next few days. By the end of the week.:thumbsup:

3. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

I'll take that bet. Thanks!

4. gpsdiesel

gpsdiesel Senior Member

odds makers for Friday are looking slim.

5. Don At PC

Several hours left in Friday. Don't give up so soon.:thumbsup: ;) :supergrin: :wavey:

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Don
    Looks like you need to fess up! Throw in the towel!

Pharaoh:rofl:

7. Don At PC

Nope, I have confidence. Think Possitively.:thumbsup:

8. Don At PC

Well now y'al know why I haven't won the Florida Lottery.:supergrin:

9. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Just keep trying! This ship is not sunk yet.

Pharaoh
    :animlol: :banana: :rofl:

10. glockmagyar

glockmagyar

This was my first experience with GSSF. I felt the RO's were very helpful and welcoming to a new competitor and that the guys from Glock (registration and armorer) were great. Is this typical of GSSF with taking so long to post awards and prizes? Its starting to tarnish my positive experience and not sure if I'll make the 2+ hour drive to compete next year.

11. gpsdiesel

gpsdiesel Senior Member

only 2+ hours? hmmm, take me 4 hours from Lake Mary to Miami, West Palm is closer, but that I95 can be a PIA.

Patience, it seems to take a bit for the finals, but next time get 1st place in Am Civ and you will know what you "earned" instead of won...:thumbsup:

12. glockmagyar

glockmagyar

gpsdiesel, thanks for the great advice! (sarcasm) As if I wasn't trying my best. Gimmie a break, I've only been shooting pistols for 6 months and thought I would try something new. My intentions on competing were more for the "new experience" than getting first place. How could I have expectations on taking 1st place and "earning" anything being a begginer/novice to such an event. Through the years I have "earned" more than my fair share of 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, mvp's, team championships, blah blah blah. In case you couldn't tell, I'm taking offense to your "earned" comment do to the fact that I'm a highly competitive athlete. I DO NOT feel your intentions were meant to rub me the wrong way and I'll get over it. Point is this....every athletic competition I've been in has awarded "earned" prizes as well as raffle, door or whatever prizes by the end of the event. Its been almost a month and GSSF hasn't posted awards. The ONLY award I would like to know if I "earned" was the new member raffle. LOL That was was it! Dude..the raffle winner is given a glock, and I would love to own another one.

I had realistic expectations entering, try my best, learn what it is like to compete in a firearms competition, have FUN, and meet people. All of this was accomplished and I had more fun than expected due to meeting the good people there.

If we both go next year you can teach me how to "earn" 1st place, you must be a pro! :thumbsup:

13. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

glockmagyar

With this being your first step into GSSF. For your information the folks who run the match also do all the score keeping. With Matches run almost everyweek the scores some times take weeks to come up complete. In the early days it was months before the scores came up. Just have patience and evey thing with work it self out. Any thing worth having is worth waiting for.

Pharaoh:)

14. gpsdiesel

gpsdiesel Senior Member

sorry to offend, not my intention. I too just started and this was my 3rd match, so I have a lot to learn. I was just reading the other posts on the new distribution of prizes and and thought the only way to be sure is to take first place, I probably should have stated it a bit differently. Please accept my apology if offended.

I am glad you had fun at the match, thats the most important thing anyway.

15. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

folks Folks Folks

I have over the past few GSSF years managed to find and make friends from all over the country. These friend will remain with me for the rest of my humble life. (Good People) The closest match to us is about 4 to 5 hours of drive and the longest is about 16 to 18 hours. I am so grateful to be able to travel with 4 of the greatest folks. I have always had the greatest admiration for them. I only hope you are able to find folks who will help you with your voyage into GSSF and all Shooting sports.

I know I am finding only great people.

Pharaoh:wavey:

16. glockmagyar

glockmagyar

gpsdiesel,

I appreciate your positive response. I've also read those prize distribution threads so I can understand where you were coming from completely and we're cool. I'm still open to learning any skills that will better my performance if we meet up there next year. :cheers:

Hello Pharaoh,

Just so you know....I specifically asked the good people running the event before I left when I would be able to find out who the winner would be of the "new member/beginner"(honestly don't rember the exact title)raffle for a free glock. Thats all I asked them cause I figured thats all I had a shot at winning lol. They told me I would know in a week by going to the website. How long does it take to pull a name out of a hat? :animlol:

17. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

I think they ment the Hosting Club's web site. Not GSSF!

Pharaoh
    :banana:

18. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

It may not have been apparent to the shooters, but the GSSF people had some unexpected computer problems at the match. One of the things they could NOT do was "check off" every final scoresheet as it came back to them, so they could know for SURE they had collected them all.

The problem also caused a lot of "in the office" extra work to resolve, which delayed the publication of the preliminary results.

Once the the preliminarys were up, several people were "DNF'd" because not all of their scoresheets made it back with all the others.

It took them over a week to call GSSF and let them know that "yes, we really DID shoot all three stages".

The ROs at the match were using clipboards provided by GSSF. As those clipboards were turned back in to GSSF they were supposedly checked to make sure they did NOT contain any scoresheets.

Ha!

:upeyes:

Sure enough, when the box full of clipboards were checked, some of the errant scoresheets were in there.

Those scores THEN had to be entered, the preliminaries updated, and the preliminaries AGAIN reposted.

This all has delayed the issuance of the final results by over a week.

The finals should be up on the website any time now, and awards in the mail shortly thereafter.

:)

If you think that is bad, you should have seen it about 7 or 8 years ago. Back then, it took a good SIX WEEKS for GSSF to get a set of final results out. It is considerably better now.