GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I thought about getting into the sport. As soon as I found out that I would be referred to as a “cock handler” I pretty much lost interest.
Well, have you killed anyone with your cock?:animlol:As an MSM reporter I have to ask, "Have you stopped handling cocks? Have you stopped beating your cocks?" :broccoli:

·
NRA4EVR
11,458 Posts
Why does this have to happen to the poor cop instead of the stupid cock handlers? I wonder how often they get hurt by them.
Hopefully, often. Animal fighting is barbaric entertainment for low-class cretins who would be better off being ground up for feed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Monday's freak accident in the central province of Northern Samar happened when Lieutenant Christian Bolok picked up a fighting cock as he gathered evidence of the unlawful event.

Its blade struck his left thigh and he bled to death, provincial police chief Colonel Arnel Apud told AFP.

"It was an unfortunate accident and a piece of bad luck that I cannot explain," Apud said.
They didn't know how to use this? Or maybe they didn't see the need to have one available with their officers?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Back in the 60s I was reading meters for Duke Power. Got out of the truck one day and a huge rooster came running at me, damn thing must have been over two feet tall. It stopped and jumped into the air with it's legs slashing at me. I stepped back and hit him with the Dog Shield spray. While he was flopping and rubbing his head on the ground I read the meter and went on my way.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Given my druthers, I'd lose to a kitty if that's how I go.

·
NRA Life Member
28,421 Posts
They didn't know how to use this? Or maybe they didn't see the need to have one available with their officers?

Who among us expects to get gored by a chicken.

May not have worked. A femoral artery hit is hard to control depending on where it is. That is how the aforementioned Cpl. Smith died in Mogadishu in Blackhawk Down.

·
NRA Life Member
28,421 Posts
It was legal on Guam when I was there. I went to one once just to see what was going on. Never again. You'd think a Philippine police officer would know wth danger.

In Thailand a popular sport was fighting Haboo (Cobra) and mongoose. Most of the time the mongoose would win. But they had a few dead mongoose hanging on the sides of the cage.

There's a guy about 10 miles from my house who raises fighting cocks. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to fight them in this state? He has about 25 cages of them in his back yard. The cages are plainly visible from the paved highway. I've seen the cages there for years. I can't imagine he keeps them as pets?
Back in the late 80's I moved to LA to build a new plant. I had about an hour commute to the boonies where the plant was. I drove by one house that had about 25 blue poly 55 gallon tite-head drums in the field next to his house. I finally asked some of the good ole' boys what they were. They , of course, answered

fighting cocks.

Back then it was legal in LA evidently ( or nobody cared out there ); probably not now though.

They invited me to go one night.

I respectfully declined.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
We had a rooster when I was growing up. When I would go in the morning to get the eggs and feed and water the chickens it would come after me. This kept getting worse and worse. I started complaining to my mom about not wanting to do my chores

I started complaining one morning about not wanting to get the eggs. So my mom got all pissed off, yelling at me about doing my chores and helping out. In huff she ran out to do it her self. She came back with a dead rooster.

She never said a thing.

Next year we had ducks.

·
Use it up, throw it away
8,493 Posts
A pal of mine raised chickens and had one or two cocks among them. Those suckers were so mean he had to carry a large stick to fight them off when he entered the coop.

I went to a cock fight in Thailand, one time. They didn't use any fighting hardware, rather when one bird ran away the other was declared winner. Low-brow, contemptable entertainment for shabby, unrefined people.

·
AAAMAD
30,414 Posts
We had a rooster when I was growing up. When I would go in the morning to get the eggs and feed and water the chickens it would come after me. This kept getting worse and worse. I started complaining to my mom about not wanting to do my chores

I started companioning one morning about not wanting to get the eggs. So my mom got all pissed off yelling at me about doing my chores and helping out. In huff she ran out to do it her self. She came back with a dead rooster.

She never said a thing.

Next year we had ducks.

Yep. Roosters can be mean.

Buddy had one that attacked his wife and kids about two days before I showed up. When I got out of the truck, the bird decided it was gonna give me what for too.

What the rooster failed to notice was the 75 lb husky coming out of the truck to protect me. I caught the bird in kid air with a punt kick, and the dog caught the bird about 3 feet from the ground on his return. It was a 1-2 combo he never quite recovered from.

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
Having ANY animals fight/kill each other for our own amusement is ****ing disgusting.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts