close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fightin' Crime...and a new pistol, too!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hawkwood, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Hawkwood

Hawkwood

Hey all...had a pretty good day, so thought I'd share.

Went out to the Portland gun show today. For those that don't know Portland (and I assume it would be most of you), the gun shows are held in the expo center which is north of the worst part of town, at the terminal stop for the mass transit train. The worst parts of town are connected to the other parts of town by MAX...the light-rail, ridiculously expensive to build and operate mass transit system, which enables criminals to move freely about the city and spread their joy. After the show, I had some time to kill, so I hopped on the MAX just to ride it into the city center. I had never been on it along that route, so I thought it would be interesting to see the neighborhoods it goes through, just to get some perspective and maybe appreciate my own circumstances a bit better. Honestly, I was surprised by the cleanliness of both the train and the stations.

On the way back to my original stop (and parked car), an elderly black man got on the train. He was sight-impared and had a guide dog with him, along with some packages. He was followed by two male Hispanic teenagers in typical generic urban attire. He sat at one end of the car, I sat in the middle and the boys sat at the far end. Each stop, I watched the boys moved closer to the elderly man...until they were right next to him. It didn't take Dick Tracy to see these kids were up to no good. At that point, I got up and sat down next to the elderly man and said "Hey fellas....how y'all doing?"...and basically made it clear that an easy target was not going to be so easy.

They got the point and immediately got off at the next stop. We kept traveling and a minute later, the guy turns to me and says that he could tell those boys were up to no good, even though he couldn't see them really well. We laughed and complained about the cowardice of gangs and how parents should beat their kids more often. When he and his dog got off, he thanked me for being there...even though nothing happened. I told him to be safe, and headed back to the last stop with my car.

And before anyone asks...yes, I was carrying. Kimber Tactical Pro II...under my sweatshirt and coat.

Oh...and on my way home, I stopped into Northwest Armory and found exactly what I had been looking for at the gun show...for a lot cheaper. I got a S&W Airweight .38, Model 442. I spent the evening hitting the cylinder face with the lead cloth and now it looks brand new.

Not a bad day. :cool:

2. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

I have to say, excellent work.

You didn't even need a CCW shield!

:supergrin:

3. computerguy

computerguy

Thats awesome. Great job keeping him safe. Wish more people were like you.

CG

4. Smashy

Smashy

Why did you mention the fact that he's a black man? Are you a racist? What does it matter that the punks were Hispanic? Sounds like you're a closet racist.

[/typicalGNGreply] :supergrin:

Just kidding. Sounds like a good day. :thumbsup:

5. okie

okie GT Mayor

Great job on lookin out for the blind dood and for CCW'n a 1911:thumbsup:

6. majic man

majic man

:rofl: It's funny because it's true!

Good work and nice gun, OP!

7. Hawkwood

Hawkwood

I'm not racist. But I discriminate.

In all fairness, if the crooks had been white, I would have mentioned that too. I guess my takeaway from all this is that crime and criminals don't know any racial boundaries. I don't think the black guy was singled out because he was black...but because he was old, blind and looked like an easy target. Likewise, the kids who were looking to roll him didn't plan it because they were Hispanic...but because they were cowardly little pieces of **** with no respect, morals or guidance in their lives. They come in rainbow, apparently.

8. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

:goodpost:

9. ParaBear

ParaBear

Good job citizen!:supergrin::wavey:

10. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Great work.

Don't let that "lightweight" make you give up the 1911.

They complement each other very well.

ML

11. Anglowulf

Anglowulf

At work the management team talks of Diversity...
    We have entire training courses on it...

I googled many of their residences...

All of them live in predominately caucasian neighborhoods,(99+%) even the non-caucasian managers.

I feel that except for the impoverished (don't have a choice where they live), a person's race-views are often reflected in the neighborhood they choose to keep their families in. (Not only their race-views, but their social views)

I don't see anything wrong with the truth, but denial is a sure way to fail at fixing problems.

4 months ago, I chose to move to a more rural area. The homes I have in my old neighborhood are now 80% hispanic (Not legals, water crossers) Never really had any serious trouble from them, but we had cultural differences that kept me from wanting to leave my family there when I was gone. -Standing in my yard and daring me to move them, beer bottles in the yard, occasional car damage, underage kids in cars doing you-know-what while dad was aware...

I tried to go with the flow, assuming the best of people and luckily I am alive. But things were going downhill fast and I made a decision.

My new neighbors are mostly 1 working male and a stay at home mom, American Flags in a few yards. Their homes are nicely kept, and they stop and say hi to a new neighbor. Not sure how long it will last, but I like it. By the way, we are 80% Caucasian, and our non-caucasian neighbors put on a bbq for us... They moved here for the same reasons...

12. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

13. RioKid

RioKid

Discrimination, racism, profiling what ever you call it, it worked. Kept the old man from getting robbed. Good job.:wavey: