Fighter Pilot Helmet?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by ArmyCop, Apr 29, 2007.

1. ArmyCop

ArmyCop

My brother-in-law just bought a Russian Fighter Pilot helmet at an Military Surplus store. It has a drop down clear shield and a drop down shaded shield. Good for bright day or night ridin.
    Any regular helmets out there that have both mounted?
    All I've seen is where you can remove one (shaded for day) and attach a clear or light yellow one for nights.
    It'd be nice to have both mounted and pull down whichever you needed at the time without having to remove and replace.

2. D25

D25 The Quick

I seem to remember some uncommon moto-helmet manufacturer making something like this a few years ago. Maybe Momo? If I remember right it had the dual flip-down visors, but also had a bunch of other fancy crap that was mostly about looking cool, not protecting your noggin. Thats why I stuck with Shoie & Arai.

3. Lone Wolff

Lone Wolff Tire World...

Nolan helmets have a half shield that is dark tinted that can be flipped up or down on the outside of the clear shield. That's the closest I'm aware of.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The Nolan N102 modular helmet has an additional flip-down tinted shield. I think that Scorpion is making a helmet with the same feature that's going to be called EXO1000 by the end of the year.

There are more of these types of dual visors helmets available in Europe.

5. MadeByMattell

MadeByMattell

Scorpion EXO-1000 does this, but it won't make it to market until August 2007.
    If you google it you'll find some photos from a trade show where it was being shown.

6. RichBaker

RichBaker Guest

Schubarth Concept flip front helmet has a sun visor...