close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fight at work

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by rahulanand1130, Mar 28, 2010.

1. rahulanand1130

rahulanand1130

Kind of a long story, my family is in the restaurant business and we were all working at the same location today because it was super busy. I live in NJ so carrying is a no go but im in shape and have done more hand to hand training than the average person. A table that was drinking heavily apparantly got impatient waiting for their food and a father and son stormed into the kitchen cursing at my mother. My dad told them to leave the kitchen immediately and then they got physical, my mom got in the middle the son grabbed her by the hair and ended up breaking her glasses. I was in the front and as soon as I realized what was going on went into the kitchen and threw the father out by his throat just as the cops showed up. My glasses were also broken in the process. My father had a religous chain on which was broken. My mom is shaken up. If the cops didnt show up i would have caused severe physical harm to the son who decided to mouth off to the cops and my family the whole time and is close to my age. I want to go outside the law on this but my parents are pressing charges and i guess its for the best. Just thought id share

2. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

The system may work for you folks as business owners. But then again you may find it a total waste of time. That is why the old timer cops who used to kick *** were better for "justice". I hope all of you folks are ok.

3. dac1204

dac1204

Wow I hope you and your family are ok. I have pictured this in my head many times on what would I do if somebody laid a hand on my family. I think you did good and hopefully the police will do the rest. Using a gun in this situation would have been bad unless they picked up a kinfe or had a gun. Your mom should have whacked the guy over the head with a pan or something.Hope shes ok

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Your folks might want to notify them they are no longer welcome at your establishment.

In your case less is more. The less of this you post, the better for you and your folks, at least until the issue is resolved.

and yeah, posting about going outside the law - ok to think about it, not ok to commit that to electronic text. Heavens forbid if the son stops a bullet in a drive by next week, who would I suspect? Kwikrnu?

'Drew

'Drew

5. JMS

JMS 02

If carrying was an option would you have shot them both?

The business is also at fault for not cutting them off.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Don't keep Tony Soprano waiting for his food.

7. BEER

BEER bad example

the law be damned, if i ever see a "man" violently lay his hands on my mother i will end him.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  8. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Definitely press charges.

OH and you should talk to RTN...

9. okie

okie GT Mayor

I hope thye throw the book at those asswipes my friend:shocked:

10. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

My Grandpa had a cafe, years ago............(long before my grandmother passed) my uncle was the waiter...............

I think only once they had an issue like that, as the town the cafe was is pretty rural, and the majority of the people that leave there are ranchers and ranch hands. There were a group of illegals I think about four of them that the coyote dropped off down the street. They didnt have any where to go and or didnt know where to go, and assumed that they would walk right in and demand food, and money......When one tried to storm in past the counter he was greeted by my grandpa and his .357........The others were reminded that they had over stayed their welcome, by my uncle and his Smith and wesson model 10.

In my office at my desk, any time, any where I am armed.............

11. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

I know one thing: the older I get, the more sick of scumbags I get.

:50cal:

12. Heckler&Koch

Heckler&Koch

:beer:

13. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

I would have turned the drunk into a Ginsu commercial.

14. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Dat is da troof. :supergrin:

15. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

:rofl:

16. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Be sure they get trespassed.

17. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I would keep one of these handy since you can't carry a gun.It's almost as scarry as a pump shot gun[​IMG]

18. elsolo

elsolo

Lucky nobody got knifed in that mess.
    Glad nobody in the owner's family was reported to be physically hurt.

19. rahulanand1130

rahulanand1130

def wouldnt have shot anyone cause they were unnarmed and pretty hammered, if someone was a legitimate threat to my or my familys life then yes i would have shot them. They also got very lucky the cops showed up when they did because i probably would have been in jail otherwise. They are getting simple assault charges and we are going to be making sure they are not allowed on the property again. Thanks for the support everyone, everyone in my family is fine.

Edit: Yeah running into a kitchen to assault the owner of a restaurant in a kitchen full of woks and razor sharp knives probably wasnt the best idea.

20. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

What about personal responsibility? What about knowing one's own limits and behaving in a manner that is proper and mannerly? If they were unhappy with the service there were better ways to express themselves.

Sorry to hear that your family went through this, hopefully the legal system works for you in this case.