close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FFL Transfer prices for CA?

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by StrungOut, May 13, 2007.

1. StrungOut

StrungOut

When looking for an FFL to do a future transfer of a firearm for me, I was a little surprised at the cost. I have been quoted from $60 to $110 for a complete transfer. I often read how other GT members get their transfers done much cheaper. One reason I was figuring was that it cost more because of a more complicated process involved due to dwelling in good ol California. Can anyone shed some light on this issue. Is $60 (including state DROS fees) a decent price to pay for a FFL in California? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Mike
    Glockless
    (But not for long)

2. FLuXmr2spyder

FLuXmr2spyder Pinoy Glocker

really, maybe that price includes s/h fees from FFL to FFL

cus i think all Turners Outdoorsmen charges $35 if the weapon was NOT purchased from them and $25 if it was purchased from them

but i have not experienced a FFl to FFL transfer + DROS fees, so i could be wrong

i have been also debating on doing the same thing whenever i think about purchasing online, u can typically save about $50

but with the s/h fees + $10 extra to DROS, i keep on ending up purchasing at a local FFL ... reduce the headaches not worth the $10 you will save overall IMO

3. BonoVox

BonoVox CLM

The Turners $35 price is for PPT. If you buy it from a dealer and have it shipped for DROS they charge closer to $100.

Check out Ades in the CIty of Orange. They charge $45 for FFL plus the $25 DROS. Total $70.

4. FLuXmr2spyder

PPT? not quite sure what that is...sorry im a NOOB as well

if you are in SOCAL

try SharpShooters in Torrance, CA.

or Insight in Artesia, CA.

5. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Private Party Transfer: purchasing a weapon from an unlicensed dealer and having a licensed dealer do the paperwork.

Original Poster: I'd suggest doing a lot of research from gun shops, pawn shops to private FFL dealers to get the best price. I found an FFL dealer that did the delivery and DROS fee for $55 ($25=delivery and $30=DROS); so $60 isn't that bad.

6. StrungOut

StrungOut

Thank you for your replies. I guess $60 isn't that bad for a transfer here in CA. I called several places and was just surprised at the difference in prices. I understand there is a $25-$25 DROS state fee, and I guess the other portion is just to compensate the FFL for doing the paper work. I just would hear other people in different states writing about $15 or $25 transfers, and it made me wonder if I was being ripped off. I guess it's just all the CA BS that makes for the higher cost. I'm trying to learn as much as possible about the process of acquiring a handgun so that I can make it as smooth and affordable as possible. Thank goodness for such a helpful site to aid in this process. Thanks again for your time.

Mike

7. FLuXmr2spyder