Glock Talk banner

FFL Dealers

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Gene Pool 
#1 ·
I am not sure where to post, so I will post it here. I was looking into opening a shop and getting my FFL. Who is the best dealer to contact to start getting inventory? The specific dealers that work directly with FFL holders. What are the different companies? Please let me know. Thanks.

#2 ·
I had an FFL for 12 years. I liked Jerry's Sport Center and RSR the best for distributors. When you get your FFL they will send you a catalog and ask you to send a signed copy of your FFL to be put on their list and get normal catalogs. There are plenty of other distributors but I found better prices on gunbroker and auctionarms and did more business between fellow FFLs than anything.

#5 ·
I have not been a FFl dealer for several years, but I used Bachman Wholesale in Dallas extensively. They had great prices and could ship quickly.

As a note of advice, avoid taking inventory on credit. Many of the large wholesalers push credit to get you to commit to them. For the dealer it's a business mistake. Pay as you go.

Gene Pool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.