Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A retired (and disabled) Baltimore Detective runs an outstanding BPD history website. He posted this photo and a brief explanation. I suspect most of us are spending more time on-line so be prepared for more crap like this. Those ladies are both well dressed and SERIOUS. I'm not at all surprised about the lack of eye and ear pro. I went through the academy in 1975 and stuck .38 shell casings in my ears to deaden the sound. Are those 2" M&P S&W's or Colt Detective Specials?

"On March 28, 1925 the Baltimore Sun reports - Two female members of department were given their first lesson in pistol shooting. They were Miss Margaret B. Eagleston and Mrs. Mary J. Bruff - A few days later Mrs. Mary Harvey, Miss Eva Aldridge, and Ms. Mildred Campbell were also trained. So basically the first two woman officers hired by the BPD weren't trained in firearms until they had been on the force for 13 years!)

35836903_10213307814593345_7822795038559043584_n.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,751 Posts
If I'm counting right, that's a 6-shot on the right, but a 5-shot in the middle. Can't tell for the left.

·
Unfair Facist
27,023 Posts
Don't piss those dispatchers off!!!

Reactions: ranger1968

·
10mm Philosopher
6,109 Posts
Back in the day, many women could shoot.

They saw nothing wrong with a woman learning marksmanship skills nor competing in the shooting sports.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Once upon a time even Miss America got it ...

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
My mom was born in 1916. She was raised with guns and in her early years(teens) she was shooting with my grandfather I think a 30-30 and got "scoped" and was knocked out. My dad at 6 slept with a .38 under his pillow while his mom worked at night. Normal back then.

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,695 Posts
Friend Bonnie is a very small woman. I got her a "Cricket" .22 rifle and she outgrew it in minutes. Next came a Marlin .22 bolt action rifle and she shot it in 200 yard matches! She was great at doping the wind.

Next came the .17 HMR Marlin and she was off to the races in 200 yard matches! She became a "High Master" shooter with that .17 HMR. She also shot an AR 15 with iron sights in 200 yard competition.

Later, she became a respectable pistol shooter, got her CHL/LTC and I gave her my Glock 26, which she still carries.

She hired on as a Corrections Officer at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and retired a few years ago as a CO4. She retired without a single demerit or disciplinary write up and became a highly respected "Mentor Officer."

It all started with that Cricket .22 rifle!

Flash

·
10mm Philosopher
6,109 Posts
Reactions: boyscoutG36
1 - 19 of 19 Posts